****Finally! A CC Celebrity Group Cruise in 2006!

Host Caroline

I haven't been a TA in a good while but I checked several sites last week (and again last evening) when we were getting rates for this cruise and ours were better for the categories we held, especially the Sky Suites, and oceanviews (Cat 5) and our rates include all port charges and taxes. Even if the rate is the same IMHO one advantage of booking with a group that you get to know on a site like CC is the comraderie that you have with your fellow passengers ahead of time, joining in group excursions (if you want to!), etc, i.e. things not necessarily measured in dollars!

I agree with your points, Caroline. But having sailed with Celebrity over the past 5 years, I've never paid the rates quoted. Admittedly, I look for bargains but I've done 10 and 12 day cruises on Celebrity for less. So we'll need to reconsider as well. Sorry

We should have the group page up this week.. I can tell you that there will be a low initial deposit for this cruise:) Everything is being finalized... and I have the rates but just not the "official" okay to post them!

And, yes, this is defiinitely an awesome itinerary:

Sat. March 18 - Depart Fort Lauderdale

Sunday/Monday - Two days at sea!

Tuesday - St Maarten (7am-5pm)... Welcome spring in the islands!

Wednesday - St Lucia (9am-5pm)

Thursday - Barbados (7am-5pm)

Friday - Antigua (10am-5pm)

Saturday/Sunday - Two more days at sea!

Mon., March 27 - Au Revoir (until next time)

These islands have some of the most beautiful beaches, best golfing and most scenic nature trails and overlooks in the Caribbean not to mention the history associated with Antigua and Barbados and (of course)... shopping..

(just a sneak peak)

Barbados' south shore...

bcwrthg.jpg

I love the Century, in part because I'm not overly fond of the mega-liners and Century is one of the semi-classic liners left, with all the attendant service, amenities and classic ambiance -- not to mention the excellent dining! And we will be among the first to see the hopefully not-too-extreme Ship Makeover that will take place aboard Century in January-February '06. Awaiting details from the cruise line on this will only add to the pre-cruise anticipation...

And I see we already (hopefully) have a birthday to celebrate first day out:)

My only question is why did we wait so long to have a CC group on Celebrity?:confused: :confused:

Caroline

My, that is an attractive itinerary!

I agree with your points, Caroline. But having sailed with Celebrity over the past 5 years, I've never paid the rates quoted. Admittedly, I look for bargains but I've done 10 and 12 day cruises on Celebrity for less. So we'll need to reconsider as well. Sorry

Yes, I agree, rates have gone up over the past year across the board as I too have sailed longer cruises for less in the past - the "post 9/11" discounts have slowly diappeared since mid-'04. But checking other sites the rates are more, not less!

Sorry you will not be joining us but perhaps we can meet some time when I'm at "the Hill" ... have a great time on your X-pedition!!!

Archived