Paying monthly online?

april47

I am booked for a cruise that is 18 months away. Does Carnival mind small frequent payments over a long time? Do any of you pay a little at a time or save up and pay at one time? I want to have even the excursions paid off so I can enjoy my trip without worrying about money.

I am booked for a cruise that is 18 months away. Does Carnival mind small frequent payments over a long time? Do any of you pay a little at a time or save up and pay at one time? I want to have even the excursions paid off so I can enjoy my trip without worrying about money.

You can make as many payments as you like. Carnival will not give you any trouble with making frequent payments. Have a great trip. :)

For the cruise I always make monthly payments, for the excursions you have to pay in full when you book them.

I usually pay online in three or four chunks. The cruise payment system seems to be one of the few things on their website that works most of the time. I think I called in a payment once, but the person at the other end seemed confused by my request to prepay tips, then managed to screw up my email address, and then switched my dining preference, so I avoid calling Carnival at all costs.

I started making monthly payments online for my upcoming cruise in November. Also adding OBC to my account and will be purchasing a few bottles of alcohol from Bon Voyage when it gets closer. I'm like you and want the cruise paid off before I even step on the ship. No worries about money and it actually helps making my countdown move a little faster! :)

just a small "watch for" thing to mention. I have read before (not in a while) that when some have gone to make a payment, they took the balance due. good thing the person had the $$ on their card. So when submitting payment, just double check the numbers prior to submitting.

As others stated, any payment is good.

Thats what I do....every pay check I go online and make a payment.

Although it was a very unique situation . . . I can personally think of one time a few years ago when CCL was not the least bit amused with some frequent advance online payments toward several sailings.

But the point that needed to me made was made, and CCL had to accept the process. :)

But, in general, no one will/should regret your advance funds at any time.

I rarely give my money away sooner than I have too. LOL

I usually put the money in a savings account or a CD (if time permits) so I can collect a little interest for maybe one or two extra drinks on the cruise. :)

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm WAY too responsible with my money! LOL

When we booked our upcoming cruise in March of last year (using Early Saver), I would go to Carnival's website and pay $100.00 a month. All went well until September, when, for some reason, I couldn't get the online payments to go through. After several attempts, I finally called my PVP and made the payment over the phone. I had the same problem each month, up to and including our final payment earlier this month. I don't know if it was a software glitch on Carnival's end, or I just couldn't get my computer to communicate with Carnival's computer.:confused: But I definitely liked paying off the cruise a little bit at a time. It was very easy to do, and it helped that I have a terrific PVP at Carnival.:)

just a small "watch for" thing to mention. I have read before (not in a while) that when some have gone to make a payment, they took the balance due. good thing the person had the $$ on their card. So when submitting payment, just double check the numbers prior to submitting.

As others stated, any payment is good.

It's happened to me TWICE!

My own fault each time - you would think I learned by now.

The nice thing about booking so far out ahead is that you have many months to pay for your cruise after the initial deposit.

You can pay a little bit monthly and then the balance 60 days before you cruise!!!

Archived