Doing laundry on a B2B changeover day

lucywestie

We are doing the Sapphire Alaska/Coastal in September. On the disembark/embark day in Vancouver will we be able to use the laundry and also have access to our cabin? I know that usually on getting on board you can't access your cabin till about 1pm but seeing as we are keeping the same cabin. Will we be given special dispensation to use our cabin throughout the morning/noon time while they do the changeover for the Coastal portion of the cruise.

Pete

Yes, you'll be able to be in your cabin. You will have to disembark the ship with the others doing a b2b, but will be able to return after a very short time. Whenever we do a b2b, we tell our cabin steward not too worry about cleaning our cabin. Turn around day is the busiest and hardest day for the stewards and we can do without a linen change until the following day. Regarding laundry, there are some times during the Alaska cruises when you are not permitted to do laundry. Not sure about being in port in Vancouver. Have a great cruise.

Whether you have to get off on a b2b can vary by the port. My only b2b was in Copehagen & we didn't have to leave the ship. We were given new cruise cards and merely had to activate them onboard without getting off the ship. Experienced b2b cruisers have told me that it's mostly in US ports where you are required to exit the ship for a brief period of time but I don't know how it works in Vancouver.

Cabins on Princess ships are generally available immediately upon embarkation with no delay to get into your cabin so you don't have to wait until 1 PM.

We are doing the Sapphire Alaska/Coastal in September. On the disembark/embark day in Vancouver will we be able to use the laundry and also have access to our cabin? I know that usually on getting on board you can't access your cabin till about 1pm but seeing as we are keeping the same cabin. Will we be given special dispensation to use our cabin throughout the morning/noon time while they do the changeover for the Coastal portion of the cruise.

Pete

We just did a B2B on the Grand. On turnaround day in FLL, my neighbor put in a load of laundry, we exited the ship, and she was back on board before the wash had finished its complete cycle.

On the Caribbean Princess this past January when we boarded we did a couple of loads because we'd already been traveling/cruising for ten days.

A number of the laundry's were close when in port but there were some left available. There was only one other person doing laundry that we saw that early afternoon.

Archived