Sofitel - Miami

zimadog

We booked the Sofitel (near airport) for our Sept. Cruise. We got a great deal on it ($65.00)! What is going on with this? It usually goes for AT LEAST $175 a night and usually more.

Has anyone stayed here? Tell us about it. We've never stayed in this hotel before but with that kind of price for that type of hotel, we couldn't pass it up!!!

That Sofitel is a great hotel, not really anything within walking distance of it but it's a very nice place.

September is off-season down here, very hot, very humid, and the peak of hurricane season. There are many great deals to be had that time of year.

Thanks. I've heard it's a luxury hotel - very posh.

I'm also looking forward to the Hotel we got for May. Did priceline for our May Pre-cruise hotel. We got the Holiday Inn South Beach Resort for $55.00!

We stayed at the Sofitel on April 1st for one night before our Caribbean Princess cruise. Its a nice hotel, more European in style than most hotels in the US. There is a nice pool area but its a bit small with not many loungers. We were suprised there was only one restaurant and it was quite up market, however the food was excellent. For breakfast there was also a counter selling coffee and pastries, again excellent(and if you're sailing on Princess savour the coffee,its much better than you'll get the rest of the week!).

If you've got any specific questions I'll try to answer them

Julie

We are booked for the Miami Sofetil (sp?) pre-cruise in June. It is booked through the cruise line, so don't know the rate, but appreciate all your info about the hotel. How far is it from the hotel to the cruise ports?

Not sailing on Princess but thanks for the warning. Why is it - no cruise line seems to make good coffee? We were on Celebrity last year and so far they have had the best coffee - but not great.

How are is the hotel from the air port and from the cruise docks? Is there ANYTHING close by? What is the Lagoon that's near it like? Thanks for the info! If you'd like to email me you can at karen@cruisesnyou.com

It's in an office park zimadog, nothing around it but office buildings and a freeway. The "lagoon" just appears to be a manmade lake/retention pond/whatever. It's nothing, just water.

The hotel is about 10-15 minutes from the MIA terminals, it's just to the south of the airport complex, on the south side of the 836, in about the middle of the airport property.

It's about 20-30 minutes from the Port of Miami.

The hotel is about a 5 minute journey from the airport using their shuttle bus. From our room we could see the runway(couldn't hear it though, good soundproofing!). There are offices and other hotels nearby, no shops that we could see but the concierge told us there is a small shopping centre(with a Burger King etc) about a 10 minute walk away. We decided to eat in the hotel so didn't go.

This year our cruise was from Fort Lauderdale so we had booked a transfer which took about 45 mins. Last year we stayed at the Hilton(just down the road) and the taxi to the port of Miami took about 20 mins and cost around $25.

Hope this helps.

Julie

Is there ANYTHING close to this hotel to eat? Even if there is another hotel within easy walking distance would be great.

I bid a 4* for December 3rd, and I got this hotel. I was hoping for the Hilton instead. I was surprised that there is only one restaurant, and it is high priced.

Any other options out there?

Archived