Need some input

tigerdadky

We have been on 5 previous cruises, so we are not new to cruising but we have never taken the fall foilage cruise up thru New England and Canada. Would like some input from some of you that have done this cruise. How was the weather and how were the port of calls.

Well, we went on the Glory to Canada around mid August. DH and I loved it...the kids not so much (kids ages were 12,12,14 and 14). We went out of NY and that was awesome...the sights as the ship heads out just can't be beat. The weather was cool (jeans and hoody weather). It was freezing at night and there was fog (which meant a fog horn and it blew all through the night on 2 nights). The pools were arctic cold as the water is from the ocean. The hot tubs were the place to be and they were always packed.

St. John was nice...Halifax was wonderful. We got off the ship in St John and found a tour guide on our own. He took us, by van, to the Reversing Falls and then to St. Martins (the tide was starting to come in and we got caught in the caves and got pretty wet crossing back over...the kids liked this. We stopped to shop and the headed back to the Reversing Falls to see the water going the other direction (saw harbor seals playing around too). We also stopped at the top of a hill overlooking the port...it was some Fort...it was a nice place to take a photo with the ship in the background. In Halifax we just walked around, walked up to the Citadel and then back down to the waterfront and shopped. We toured the museum and then DH and I sat at a nice waterfront restaurant and enjoyed a local beer while the kids walked around and shopped. It was a beautiful and quaint place.

We would love to do that cruise again and maybe do the longer one that stops in Boston and Portland. We would do it sans kids though. That may be our 1st empty nest cruise in 5.5 years (but who's counting).

Did it a few yearsago and differenttype of cruise.

Weather was colder (beg of Oct) and as a matter of fact we were not prepared for how cold so we actually went to LL Bean outlet in Portland for warmer clothes.

Beautiful scenery and really liked it. DW does prefer warmer weather cruises.

We have been on 5 previous cruises, so we are not new to cruising but we have never taken the fall foilage cruise up thru New England and Canada. Would like some input from some of you that have done this cruise. How was the weather and how were the port of calls.

Loved this route! My favorite was Quebec City..only stop we didn't rave about was Sydney NS. Not much there when we stopped. We really also enjoyed Boston and Rhode Island.

We did this last summer on the Glory.

It was nice and we had a great time with our group, but it was our least favorite cruise so far.

Because the weather is cooler, the pools are hardly used, open decks aren't so full, which means inside the ship it's always busy and feels crowded. To US anyway.

I'm not saying we had a bad cruise.....never had one of those!

I just missed the beach and palm trees and having people spread out on the ship more.

We liked the ports, they were very pretty, but my teenager was bored.

Agree about the fog and the airhorn as someone else already posted....that horn blows all night long sometimes! lol

Not a party cruise. More of a mature group but like all cruises there's plenty of nightlife on the ship if that's what you like. We went in June and it was chilly. 50 to 55F. A bit different than the southern cruises but a nice change of pace. I also liked the Splendor"flue cruise" to Canada up the other coast.

Archived