Valor Chef's Table

kim826

I've started reading a little about the Chef's Table. It looks like something we might be interested in. Has anyone recently done this on the Valor? Does the menu change or is it a set menu? Thanks for any help you can give.

I've done this on the Glory last year and will again do it on the Glory this year. The menu does not change, and it is a set menu. Currently, the Valor has the first original menu, IMHO is the best of the two. Haven't tried the second Chef's Table menu, but will on the Breeze, and judging by the two menus, the original menu is more to my tasting/liking. I say at east try everything. I'm not one to eat fish, but I ate everything that was served to me. It was amazing. My favorite was the Poblano Chili Bisque. I thought it was going to be a hot, spicy soup, but it was great. Try not to fill up on the bread! They have an excellent olive loaf. If possible, I would e-mail the steakhouse. I have used John Heald's blog before, but with the Concordia incident, he has been backlogged on requests, and rightfully so. So, to set up your Chef's Table reservations, send an e-mail off too vasteakhouse at carnival dot com. Include this in the body of the e-mail:

I would like to make reservations for 2 for the Chef's Table.

Guest(s) Information:

First Name: xxx

Last Name: xxx

Email Address: xxx

Sailing Information:

Booking Number: xxxxx

Ship: Carnival Calor (though this is obvious as you are e-mailing the Valor steakhouse - but it's better to be safe than sorry ;))

Sail Date: xx/xx/xx

Cabin Number: xxx

If you have any allergies, you will get a call a couple of days before your reservation confirming your reservation and asking if you have any allergies. Also, the night before, the Chef will come to your table and re-confirm if you have any allergies, severe likes/dislikes (if they served squid, I don't think I could ever bring myself to eat it), and again, the day of the Chef's Table, when you meet with the person who will start your Chef's Table Experience, they will again re-confirm any allergies. I think it's well worth the money. It's the best experience I have had (food wise) on a ship or shore. Also, free flowing wine is a plus

I've started reading a little about the Chef's Table. It looks like something we might be interested in. Has anyone recently done this on the Valor? Does the menu change or is it a set menu? Thanks for any help you can give.

I just cancelled my reservation for the Chef's Table on my upcoming Valor cruise. In the ned I decided I could spend the $75pp elsewhere and get more enjoyment. There is a forum on here by someone who did the old menu and took a bunch of photos. Very in depth review. I can't find it at the moment but it is worth a look if you can.

I did the Chef's Table on Triumph about a year ago...I wonder if I had the original menu or the 2nd one...hmmm...can anyone direct me to a thread that might reveal the newer menu?

If you had the short ribs you had the new menu from what I understand.

• 1 year later...

My husband & I were on the valor in December & loved the chef's table. Each chef describes how they prepared each course. It is a new menu effective fall 2012. Well worth the extra money. Plan on doing it again on the valor at the end of march. Suppose to be a different chef. Loved the previous one. :)

Archived