WELL DONE TO Kruzseeka !

check out the board reader info :cool:

http://boardreader.com/fp/Cruise_Cri...s_9342582.html

At least Kruzseekas posts are helpful and informative unlike my (and others) total insane drivel and ramblings :o

Onwards and upwards :)

Stevie;)

Wow! Didn't even know that information was out there. Not quite sure what to make of it - it could be read a number of ways; poor soul, got nothing better to do/who does she think she is swamping the boards with info/fed up reading her posts/it's useful stuff (in the main). I would hope it's the last one - but wouldn't be confident that that's the universal verdict!!! :o

Anyway, thanks Stevie for your kind comments! ;)

I think you'll find Stevie's comments are echoed by most of us on here.

I've not long been reading/posting on this forum and have seen so much information given by this lovely lady, invaluable - she's a diamond!! :)

Ditto, love to read you portside reviews helps make my planning so much easier:)

Thank you so much - it's lovely to know that the info has been useful to you and helped in your planning.

I've got so much 'copy and paste' stuff from on here from other members in readiness for our next trip - I really do appreciate all the valuable insight I have gathered and am delighted if my efforts have helped others.

I have the laptop on the kitchen table so I read posts over breakfast/whilst dinner's cooking/watching the TV etc. Some would call it multi-tasking - others that I have a butterfly brain - flitting from one thing to another! :o And then of course there are the odd sleepless nights - spend hours researching ports, trawling the thread - and of course responding to some of them! ;) Hence the number of posts!

I do know my weakness though - once I start it's often hard to stop! :eek: So having said that - I'll stop now feeling very touched by your kind words. Thank you all :)

Where would we all be without our Kruzeseeka ?

A) Cleethorpes

B) Butlins

C) A Tesco Extra (of your own choice)

Answers must be in by Monday C/o SteveDeccaman :)

As has been said, she is a gem among us and long may she keep posting :):)

Kruzseeka, I am resolved to be a better person and not post so much drivel. I might not remember though as my memory is so bad at the moment, lol.:D

I'm going to the Caribbean for the first time in April for the Caribbean Treasures cruise and, as usual, I have hunted down your reports on ports of call and pasted them into word.

As for the flight. Can anyone tell me what we get in the form of snacks, drinks, etc. and how many? We would like to have an idea about how much we need to take? It's the longest flight we've been on and we're not looking forward to 9 hours on a plane.:):)

Jan

Kruzseeka, I am resolved to be a better person and not post so much drivel. I might not remember though as my memory is so bad at the moment, lol.:D

I'm going to the Caribbean for the first time in April for the Caribbean Treasures cruise and, as usual, I have hunted down your reports on ports of call and pasted them into word.

As for the flight. Can anyone tell me what we get in the form of snacks, drinks, etc. and how many? We would like to have an idea about how much we need to take? It's the longest flight we've been on and we're not looking forward to 9 hours on a plane.:):)

Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, I shared your reservations about the long flight the first time we went and was really surprised to find it was ok. For one thing, you go prepared for the fact that it's a long one so you're not constantly checking the time - you just know you're there for hours so psychologically I find I'm less inclined to have those 'we should be there by now' thoughts.

We also take magazines, a book, puzzles - and of course you have on-board TV (I think they are the screens in the back of your seat) to help time pass. The seating is good too - we find there is plenty of room and do choose to select our seats for long haul so that we can select two by the window (2-3-2 arrangements when we've been) which lets us get in and out more easily without disturbing anyone else.

As I remember it - we had a dinner served fairly early (11/12 ish) for an approx 9o/c departure. I'm sure someone will have more up to date info of what was on offer but I believe we had orange juice, a small pasta offering for a starter, chicken dinner - smallish portions in common with air meals - but adequate (perhaps there was a choice of main course too) then a key-lime pie type dessert, cheese and biscuits and a small glass of wine folowed by tea or coffee. (This was last year.) Later in the afternoon 5 o/c (?) our time we had a snack which was a scone and jam plus something else (cake?) whatever it was, both were a bit stodgy but provided something to keep us going until we arrived on board (with afternoon tea beckoning! By our body-clocks dinner will be at about midnight of course!)

Coming back I really can't remember very well. We got something earlyish evening then a very early breakfast before landing which was at 6am - can't remember what the offerings where then - I suspect the breakfast was continental style and I didn't think it was as good food as the outward journey but we didn't feel the need to take any extra food with us. We did buy extra drinks like tea/coffee when the trolley came round though.

Hope you have a fantastic time Jan and that you find the journey less of an issue than you fear - I know I did (I'd far rather be doing that flight than the Sharm one!)

We do the Caribbean Treasures in March - it looks as though we'll be back beore you go so if I pick up any more intersting snippets on this itinerary, I'll post when I get back. ;)

Thanks too for your kind thoughts - also Mrs C :):)

Thanks Kruszeeka, just what I wanted to know. I'll look foward to your report as I've not had much chance to investigate as we only booked on Wednesday. The guide books seem to cover too many places we're not going to. One good thing is that it's adults only, although saying that we usually find the children quite well behaved, unlike some hotels.:)

Nice to see I'm not the only one who can't remember things, lol.

Jan

well done kruzseeka, ps thought of the day where is jim the scot? has he defected to benidorm again?:D

Well it was back on last night.:D:D Now look, you made me post drivel again when I promised not to, lol.:D:D

Jan

Archived