VAT charges - Only RCI cruises out of Spain?

Artemis908

Hello all,

I was doing a search for something completely unrelated and found a post for something that peaked my interest from 2010. It talked about VAT (Value Added Tax) charges when traveling outside the US. I was wondering if this was only when you left out of Barcelona. Also it seems to affect your ability to make reservations online for specialty dining and spa treatments. I am taking a cruise out of Rome going to Sicily, Athens, Crete, and Turkey. Not sure if I will be affected by all of this and to what degree.

Thanks!

Hello all,

I was doing a search for something completely unrelated and found a post for something that peaked my interest from 2010. It talked about VAT (Value Added Tax) charges when traveling outside the US. I was wondering if this was only when you left out of Barcelona. Also it seems to affect your ability to make reservations online for specialty dining and spa treatments. I am taking a cruise out of Rome going to Sicily, Athens, Crete, and Turkey. Not sure if I will be affected by all of this and to what degree.

Thanks!

VAT is charged when travelling within the EU and not hitting a port outside the EU. As your itinerary will get you to Turkey, which is not part of the EU, you should not be subject to VAT.

Archived