Need Your Help Please!!!

cruznbuddies

Hi all,

Just a note here hoping for some good info. Sister and I are sailing on the Spirit in Jan (I know, it's a long way off, but I'm a planner :D ). Ports of call are Acapulco, ZIHUATANEJO/IXTAPA and Manzanillo. I've already managed to find some great info re: ZIHUATANEJO/IXTAPA, but know nothing about the other two. Anybody got any great suggestions?

Thanks so much!!

Laurie

Hi all,

Just a note here hoping for some good info. Sister and I are sailing on the Spirit in Jan (I know, it's a long way off, but I'm a planner :D ). Ports of call are Acapulco, ZIHUATANEJO/IXTAPA and Manzanillo. I've already managed to find some great info re: ZIHUATANEJO/IXTAPA, but know nothing about the other two. Anybody got any great suggestions?

Thanks so much!!

Laurie

We sailed this past January on the Spirit - if you check this board for Acapulco Information by the Port Authority you will get all sorts of help! We walked to a local beach in Acapulco - it was rather dirty so I would recommend going to a resort if you want to beach it. We also took the Carnival tour to the Evening Cliff Divers - I think I would do that on my own if I did it again and go during the day - it's kind of hard to see at night. Also if you go to the Cliff divers - go early and you might want to pay for the "cheap" seats - which is actually an area where you stand -but it is the closest viewing area to the divers.

A lot of people don't like Manzanillo - we found it interesting. The town itself is a lot of T-shirt and shell shops - not good shopping. You can go to several resorts including the one that the movie "10" was filmed at - I understand that is very nice - it does cost to get in but you get tickets for drinks and chairs.

Mainly we liked the days at sea as well if not better than the ports. Have fun planning your cruise!

Well share sisters! We're going to be on the Star in January. We're so far going to take a wter taxi to Las Caletas? in Acapulco, and in Z/Ixtapa, we'll probably also just find a little beach or if you have any better suggestions. We're doing the horseback riding in Puerto Vallarto. Cabo will be our shopping day. Have fun!

Hi and thanks so much for the ideas. I will visit past posts and see what I can find. I appreciate the tip.

I went to a website for Manzanillo - gomanzanillo.com - and it sounds charming there. It says they had 12 cruise ships visit in 2003, 50 in 2004 and expect that number to triple this year. WOW.

The Acapulco info was great. DH and I sailed twice previously - both eastern Caribbean cruises, so this will be new. I don't know what my sis will want to do, but this is her birthday cruise, so I'm trying to get some ideas anyway.

Thanks again. Anything else will be welcome!!!

Laurie

Archived