Travelling with kids permission letter

Ariel35

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the notarized letter RCI requires for travelling with minors? I've read that they are quite particular in regards to wording and I don't want this to cause an issue for me at the pier.

Also... do you know who, if anyone (apart from a lawyer) can notarize this letter?

Thanks!

Any notary can sign the letter, a notary is a notary regardless if it's an attorney or a private notary (I am one).

As far as particular wording, I found this on another forum. A woman wanted to take her two teenaged nieces on board with her and she wrote to RCI. She received the following in response:

Dear Ms. XXXX:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child's valid passport and visa or the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child's parents. The notarized letter from the child's parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise, must authorize guardian to sign legal documentation/waivers for participation in any activities requiring them (i.e. Rock Climbing, Flowrider, Bungee Trampoline, Inline Skating, or Ice Skating) and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that must be administered to the child. If a non-parent adult is a Legal Guardian, the adult must present a certified certificate of Guardianship with respect to the child.

A notarized letter of consent is not required for guests age 18 or older traveling with you.

Ms. XXXX, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Regards,

Ana Customer Service Representative

Archived