Bridge Sail Away Experience

mjmagee

Of these ports, which does anyone think would be best?

My understanding, at least on our Silhouette cruise, is that this is done once per cruise, and the choice of port is at the captain's discretion, but is *usually* the last port-day.

That's what I was told when we booked mine last month. And yes, as everyone has said, it's WELL worth the $75 if that sort of thing has even the slightest appeal, and it's a much different experience than the prior "free" visits to the bridge that used to be available. (judging from descriptions at any rate as I've never been on one of those).

We did this once on Liberty of the Seas when we were staying in a family suite - it was in Cozumel and was a fascinating experience - we got pictures with the Captain and he did a Q and A session after we were well away from the port. His second officer (i think) gave us a narration on what was going on....

I'd pay money for it - you bet! But not sure I'd pay money to do it again.

My understanding, at least on our Silhouette cruise, is that this is done once per cruise, and the choice of port is at the captain's discretion, but is *usually* the last port-day.

That's what I was told when we booked mine last month. And yes, as everyone has said, it's WELL worth the $75 if that sort of thing has even the slightest appeal, and it's a much different experience than the prior "free" visits to the bridge that used to be available. (judging from descriptions at any rate as I've never been on one of those).

Thank you :)

On our cruise last month, it was done twice. But the port is decided by the captain. Like I had posted, it was to be Grenada, but all was put on hold due to Noro. Then we got the call for St. Maartin. As previously said, it is held to 12 and my husband's group was 12. So was the second group ( our neighbor was on that one). We did sign up early at Guest Relations and they charged the card right away! I guess they would have refunded it if it was a no go! But it was a great experience! He is still talking about it!

Archived