Ziplining in Jamaica - Falmouth

njmomof2

We're porting into Falmouth on Freedom of the Seas in April and I'd like to do a zipline excursion with my sons. When I looked at the Chukka website, it stated that cruise passengers had to book through the cruise line. Is this true? Has anyone booked directly with them? :confused:

Also, has anyone done the ziplining at Rose Hall (since we're going to be in Falmouth)? We're also porting into Cozumel and Grand Cayman so if anyone thinks we'd be better off doing a zip excursion in one of these ports, please let me know.

This is our first time doing a zipline, so I'd like to make the most of it.

We were on the Voyager of the Seas in Nov. and tried really hard to find a way to book a Chukka tour without going through the ship and it was impossible. I can't remember our private tour guides name but he tried also and couldn't. We weren't interested in the ziplining tour though but other options they offer through Chukka.

My sister and brother-in-law did booked the ziplining through the ship. There are two options. One of the options is the one closer to Falmouth or actually in Falmouth and I think, (not sure) it is the one through Chukka. They said it wasn't a good experience at all. They didn't feel it was safe, it was very unorganized, they waited in line a long time and overall, it was a bad experience.

We just got back from Falmouth, and we did the Chukka Rosehall Zipline through RCI. I also saw that cruise ship passengers could not book through Chukka directly, so I just rolled with that. I hesitated about booking, cause I had never spent that much on an excursion, but im so glad we did.

It was about a 20-30 min ride to Rosehall, and then another 10-15 mins up the top of the mountain. The guide said Rose Hall is close to Montego Bay. The ride was comftorable, air conditioned, and our guide kept us entertained on the way. To me it all seemed organized, you sign a waiver, and get your equipment and then your off. There are a total of 7 traverses, and a couple other surprises. The actually ziplining lasted longer than i thought it was, so it made me feel better about the $$ we spent. They have lockers you can rent for $5 if you want, and they have a bar there where you can get alcoholic drinks (after you return).

My wife said that " It was the funnest thing she had ever done". BTW this was our first time to zipline. I had fun, but I had also done similar things. I'm a fireman, so I've done alot of rappeling, and things of that nature...but I also had a blast.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I am still trying to figure out which one is which. There were two options when we went to Jamaica with RCCL. They were in two different places. They also had different weight limits. I think it is important to get information about the particular one you are planning on going on but I don't know a way to tell them apart.

We just got back from Falmouth, and we did the Chukka Rosehall Zipline through RCI. I also saw that cruise ship passengers could not book through Chukka directly, so I just rolled with that. I hesitated about booking, cause I had never spent that much on an excursion, but im so glad we did.

It was about a 20-30 min ride to Rosehall, and then another 10-15 mins up the top of the mountain. The guide said Rose Hall is close to Montego Bay. The ride was comftorable, air conditioned, and our guide kept us entertained on the way. To me it all seemed organized, you sign a waiver, and get your equipment and then your off. There are a total of 7 traverses, and a couple other surprises. The actually ziplining lasted longer than i thought it was, so it made me feel better about the $$ we spent. They have lockers you can rent for $5 if you want, and they have a bar there where you can get alcoholic drinks (after you return).

My wife said that " It was the funnest thing she had ever done". BTW this was our first time to zipline. I had fun, but I had also done similar things. I'm a fireman, so I've done alot of rappeling, and things of that nature...but I also had a blast.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for this feedback. We are really mixed on what to do, and there are a few things that we like and to do them all would mean a lot more $$. We are debating between the ziplining at Rose Hall and doing the day at the Hilton Rose Hall (all inclusive resort, food, alcohol, lazy river, water slide). And we want to do the dolphin swim again in Cozumel at Chakanaab (my younger son was too small last time and could only do the encounter, so I didn't get to do a swim either). I think in GC, we'll just get off, walk around a bit and see what's nearby, so that won't really cost much.

Again, thanks for this. It's nice to hear that the exact excursion we would do was so well received.

Archived