Upgrades and cruise credits

plazamom

Unless they have changed this too :rolleyes:, we were upgraded once and received double credit for that JS.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Supposedly, the rule about no extra points for an upgrade went into effect Jan 2011 when the C&A went from credits to points.

Supposedly, the rule about no extra points for an upgrade went into effect Jan 2010 when the C&A went from credits to points.

Thanks for the update. I had been upgrade several times in past years from a standard balcony to a JS or higher and received double credits and wasn't aware of the change.

Thanks for the update. I had been upgrade several times in past years from a standard balcony to a JS or higher and received double credits and wasn't aware of the change.

Yes and I edited my previous post to fix the date. The change was in Jan 2011.

Unless they have changed this too :rolleyes:, we were upgraded once and received double credit for that JS.

BonVoyage

Dawna

As Bob said, that all changed effective January 21, 2011. This can be found on the Member Benefits Page under footnote #14

"One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS). Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category".

I am just a gold member, so I know I have a ways to go before moving up in the ranks. :p I just booked FOS for a 7 day cruise. from what I understand, I will get 7 cruise credits. The RCI website indicates that a suite gets double points. Is there any more credit for oceanview, balcony, etc. than an interior room? Just wondering. With 7 cruise points, I will still be gold. I guess I need to keep booking cruises!

I have sailed 3 times so far, but shorter cruises. 2-5 day Explorer cruises and a Monarch 4 day.

I am just a gold member, so I know I have a ways to go before moving up in the ranks. :p I just booked FOS for a 7 day cruise. from what I understand, I will get 7 cruise credits. The RCI website indicates that a suite gets double points. Is there any more credit for oceanview, balcony, etc. than an interior room? Just wondering. With 7 cruise points, I will still be gold. I guess I need to keep booking cruises!

I have sailed 3 times so far, but shorter cruises. 2-5 day Explorer cruises and a Monarch 4 day.

There isn't any additional credit for oceanview or balcony cabins.

JS and above will double your cruise points for any sailing.

Archived