Dealing Directly with Oceania

heidik

I have used a TA to book my Oceania voyages. I am used to dealing directly with the company reps for my cruises. If the TA is not available/responsive, is it possible to make changes to my booking directly with Oceania? I like that customer services is available 24/7 when dealing directly with the cruise lines....

However, you could consider changing TAs if you discover one who is more responsive. Some TAs are able to offer incentives not available from the cruise line representative, and sometimes the information you get from the represnetative differs according to which one you reach.

I have used a TA to book my Oceania voyages. I am used to dealing directly with the company reps for my cruises. If the TA is not available/responsive, is it possible to make changes to my booking directly with Oceania? I like that customer services is available 24/7 when dealing directly with the cruise lines....

I don't believe that Oceania customer service is 24/7, anyway...

Maybe 12/6 ;)

When you book through a travel Agent, you cant call Oceaina and communicate on anything, nor will they with you. THe travel agent is your sole contact for any and all information.

So, is it productive to use a Travel Agent? That depends I have found on the review of exactly what that agent will do for you. Not all agents are created equal. Some will offer prepaid tips, and$$ on board credits, thains like that.

Some may, if pressed give you back part of their comission after final payment. The higher the cabin class and the longer the cruise, I have found to be more open to dealing from an agent . As an example I booked a luxury penthouse on a luxury line,for 36 days. ended up getting the cruise for 55% off + another 10% return from the agent ( part of her comission)

'But one has to look at what you are getting from the agent vs. the cruise line.

In my latest cruise, I booked direct with the company. I got free air and and additional $2000 off the published fare.

However, when comparing the deal from a Travel Agent, they would give me pre paid tips ( worth $230, and $500 onboard credit for a total $730.

But no free air fare ! In this case not a good deal because that is $50 more than one would get from the non use of the air fare! And $1670 more that the lines air fare, in my case .

So not in every case is it good to go with an agent.

By the way a recent call to Oceaina informed me they are now open monday-friday 8to6, no weekends.

Archived