Does anyone know the best way to get from Paris to Orly?

lori450

We will be in Paris prior to moving on to Rome. We leave Paris via EasyJet. The flight leaves at 17:50. This means getting to Orly during rush hour. I've heard about the Orly bus. Does anyone know about it? Where do you catch it? How much does it cost? Is it reliable? How early should we leave for the airport? I'm thinking that we need to be at the airport by 15:50 which should help regarding the rush hour issue. Do you have alternate suggestion from Paris to Orly? Simple and cheap would be great if possible. Thanks so much.

I don't know about the bus. We took the train. We were staying near an RER train station in Paris (near Notre Dame) so it was very easy. You want the RER B (blue) line. We each had a rolling duffel bag and a rolling carry on bag. We stood in an empty area in the back of the car with our luggage. I think it took 35 to 45 minutes to get there.

The RER B (blue line) goes directly to the Roissy Airport, but not directly to the Orly Airport. You need to change at the station called "Antony" and take the Orlyval (automatic train to Orly). Do you have a lot of luggage?

If you are OK with changing train this is how you can do. From your hotel take the metro (for instance metro line 6 from the Eiffel Tower to Denfert Rochereau). At the Denfert Rochereau station, take the RER B (going to "Robinson-Saint Rémy les Chevreuse", it's the opposite direction to the Aeroport Charles de Gaulle-Roissy). Just follow the sign from the metro platform. Make sure you get in a train that stops at Antony (the station where the train stops are shown with a little light on a panel on the quay, it's easy to see. Any train going to "Saint Rémy les Chevreuse" will stop at Antony, trains going to "Robinson" won't. Exit at the "Antony" station and take the Orlyval (easy and short connection, not a lot of walking, just follow the sign).

You will need a special ticket for the RER and Orlyval (same ticket for the whole journey), you can purchase it at an automatic machine at any metro station.

Sorry just read that I have the wrong airport.

Here's a link to maps and other info. I'm sure the hotel could give you good info when you get there. We walked from our apartment to to RER station and scoped it out the day before.

http://parisbytrain.com/paris-rer-map/

http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-3546-novotel-paris-tour-eiffel/location.shtml

click on the interactive map on the second link and you can zoom in or out to see the RER stations.

It's not that complicated actually if you follow the signs! ;)

The OrlyBus also leaves from Denfert Rochereau:

http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/r_28017/orlybus/

Goog thing : fairly easy (you get on it and exit at Orly), and not that expensive. Bad thing : you never know about traffic. It should be OK in the middle of the afternoon though. It supposedly takes 30 minutes, but give yourself a bit of a leg room just in case.

Beach Bunnie,

Thank you for the link to the great map of the metro. I have printed it out and can now see the wonderful directions given by SarniaLo.

Thank you, SarniaLo - with the visual aid of the map, your directions are crystal clear and I feel confident that we will be able to take the train. One last question, if you don't mind. We are traveling to Rome via EasyJet. Should we get off at the West or South stop at Orly? Thanks again.

We are traveling to Rome via EasyJet. Should we get off at the West or South stop at Orly? Thanks again.

It should be mentioned on your travel itinerary or on your boarding pass (which you can print out in advance). Maybe something like "Orly S" for South and "Orly O" for West. Or "Orly Terminal Sud"/"Orly Terminal Ouest".

I think EasyJet leaves from Orly Sud but I'm not a 100% sure.

You are correct again! I checked the confirmation and it says Orly Sud. I'm sorry, it never occurred to me to think that it would be listed on the confirmation. Thank you so much for all your help. We are all set now. I have copied your directions and printed them out. I also printed the metro map and pasted them together. I have reviewed them both and feel confident that we won't have a problem. Merci pour votre aide.

Archived