Water Taxi help

Mzmoto

I am looking for detailed info on the water taxis in Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. My husband suffered an accident last July that crushed both his lower legs and ankles. He has been out of the wheelchair about 4 months and his walking is getting really good. We are planning trips to Stone Island and Medano Beach and I was just curious if you could tell me how difficult it is to get in and out of the water taxis?? Thank you!!

Hi Mzmoto

Glad your husband is recovering. I can't answer any of your questions but I am interested if anyone can. I haven't had an accident but I'm a fat old lady so I am interested in the ease of the water taxis also

The water taxis at Mazatlan and Cabo are very similar, small open boats where you might need help getting in and out. the problem at Lovers Beach is that they pull close and you wade ashore. Maybe with your problem, you will get one who can beach the boat and help you out. If not, there are bigger boats who might take you for bay cruise or help with trip.

We took this last March. Only problem is a large step down from pier into boat. My husband with 2 knee replacements managed it. Also, my 81-year-old mother. Would suggest someone else get in first and help down or sit down on pier and then get in. Getting back on from Stone Island was much easier as pier was lower. We loved Stone Island!!

Getting in and out of water taxis can be fairly easy or very difficult depending on the tides and water conditions. In Cabo, you can take a regular taxi to Medano beach. Many on this board talk about going to The Office there. The beach is nice though certainly not as private as Lover's Beach but nice sand and nice water views of the bay and your ship. Enjoy your cruise!

The water taxi to Lover's Beach is pretty tough. My husband had our brand new digital camera in the pocket of his board shorts. He's very athletic and still wiped out getting off. Walmart still took it back thank goodness. I think the tenders from the ship to the pier though should be okay. Have fun!

The water taxis to stone island should be fine. On both trips, the driver helped us in and out of the boat. The water taxis in cabo are a different story. To get in and out of the boat, you are really on your own. We dropped a family off first at a beach and the woman ate it big time(it was actually kinda funny, but then we all looked at each other and thought the same thing would happen to us) Luckily it didn't. For $3 a person each way, I thought the trip was a little pricey too.

Slow down yur movin to fast and in a worry about nothing. Many have told you that your hubby will be fine.

I still recomend you making arangementes with Randi for all the ground tranporation as all ya all have to do is get off the ship on time, get on the tram and there ya are all set up.

But that's just us trying to make things as simple and fun as we canl

Hope yalll have a great cruise,

Buck and Sharon Gilbert

My DH and I with kids and grandkids did Randi's ride in August of 2004 and then Papa and I went in October and we did the transportation only. We had a great time either way. You will see a different way of life on Stone Island and after all the riders depart then you will go to Victors to visit with Randi and the group at Victors. The food is wonderful and the beach is great - just sit back and enjoy and laid back lifestyle. After all the other ports and excursions and "hurry up and get there" - this was so enjoyable to just be able to sit back and relax. When we return to Mazatlan, this is where we will be everytime. Aloha Randi!

Thanks for the info but I always want more!

Do they have beach chairs, umbrellas or any water sports? Is it safe to swim there? I have heard Cabo has some pretty strong currents Is it just restaurants and the beach?

Thanking you in advance for any info

At Victors they have a covered area where you eat with long tables and chairs. Usually only Randi and her group are there. The vendors come and you can buy or if you are being bothered Randi can make them go away. There are a few lounge chairs and a few hammocks. The beach is just steps away from Victors (depending on the tide maybe just a few steps). We were there in August and October and the water was so warm. Randi can set you up with a banana boat if you want. Victors has boogie boards they will let you use, free of charge. I think it is the best place we went on our 3 ports of call - very laid back and genuine.

I would say that the non-riders would be waiting at Victor's for their party to return from their riding excursion for only about an hour or so. It seemed like no time to me when I saw the group riding down the beach toward Victor's. You can walk on the beach, lie in a hammock (bring a book!), talk with Chris who will be waiting on you. There is sun AND shade and, of course, the water to cool off if need be.

Archived