NCL comfort policy

EuropeNow

I've booked an inside cabin on the Jade for august 2012,on deck 11 forward,looks like we'll be right under the spa...any issue?I believe spa will be closed by night,right?

I think you will be fine. It's pretty quiet in the spa anway and they close early.

Thank you all for the replies,

The situation is.......we were assigned a HC for my husband (Wheelchair) I read that it is very noisy on that deck as it is below the restaurant and until 1 am they are rearranging the chairs and then again at 5 am....the real problem is my son,,, who has Aspergers (Cant keep headphones on).

I don't want to switch now and lose the extra space from the HC room just in case the noise is not as bad as I read on the forums thus the question what if the noise is intolerable and distrubs his sleep,,,

Thanks again

EN

I think your question has been answered. But I'm rather curious, if you have not sailed on this ship before why you would think this might be an issue? Did you book a cabin under what might appear to be a noisy area? Have you had bad experiences in the past with noisy cruise cabins or hotel rooms? Did you read something that has you rethinking your location?

If you have any concerns about a particular location you chose, you may want to just rethink it now and change to a different cabin while you know you can, instead of having to worry about possibly a fully booked ship with no where to move to.

I am a very light sleeper and always take my little fan. That plus an Ambien usually does the trick!

I'm a light sleeper, too, plus I have tinnitis. So I sleep with a small fan on every night at home for the white noise. Also, the breeze helps with the hot flashes. :eek:

I have read that electrical appliances like fans are not allowed and may be detected and confiscated. (I suppose that may be different on various cruise lines?) What kind of fan do you have? Is is battery operated? I think I wanna pick one up for our cruise next month.

Thank you all for the replies,

The situation is.......we were assigned a HC for my husband (Wheelchair) I read that it is very noisy on that deck as it is below the restaurant and until 1 am they are rearranging the chairs and then again at 5 am....the real problem is my son,,, who has Aspergers (Cant keep headphones on).

I don't want to switch now and lose the extra space from the HC room just in case the noise is not as bad as I read on the forums thus the question what if the noise is intolerable and distrubs his sleep,,,

Thanks again

EN

Thanks for coming back to explain, maybe someone can be of more assistance now knowing your story.

In looking at your history you state you are going to be in France May 4th 7-3. The only ship I can find with that itinerary is the Epic.

Not knowing your ship and deck, this is difficult to help you. But assuming you are on the Epic in an aft cabin on decks 8-13 you aren't under any restaurant. 8-12 are under other cabins and 13 is under the spa. Have you actually looked at deck plans to verify there is a restaurant over you?

If you are talking about May of this coming year you are past the point of changing cabins now anyway. Even if you contacted NCL or a TA, you may not be able to make the change.

You may want to think about one of the white noise machines that have been talked about if noises from other cabins may upset your son.

Thanks again,

Two different cruises April 28 Pullmantur Soverign and May 22 NCL Spirit

We are repating 3 ports but we wont come back to Europe soon and one day on the ports we are most interested, its not enough with our family diffrnt abilities, and cruising seems to be the most affordble way to do it.

We have family in Barcelona and that is also a good opportunity to spend time with them.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to explain, maybe someone can be of more assistance now knowing your story.

In looking at your history you state you are going to be in France May 4th 7-3. The only ship I can find with that itinerary is the Epic.

Not knowing your ship and deck, this is difficult to help you. But assuming you are on the Epic in an aft cabin on decks 8-13 you aren't under any restaurant. 8-12 are under other cabins and 13 is under the spa. Have you actually looked at deck plans to verify there is a restaurant over you?

If you are talking about May of this coming year you are past the point of changing cabins now anyway. Even if you contacted NCL or a TA, you may not be able to make the change.

You may want to think about one of the white noise machines that have been talked about if noises from other cabins may upset your son.

Thanks again,

Two different cruises April 28 Pullmantur Soverign and May 22 NCL Spirit

We are repating 3 ports but we wont come back to Europe soon and one day on the ports we are most interested, its not enough with our family diffrnt abilities, and cruising seems to be the most affordble way to do it.

We have family in Barcelona and that is also a good opportunity to spend time with them.

Thanks

OK then again I will ask, have you looked at deck plans. The spirit has only one deck with aft cabins deck 9. The only thing over top of deck 9 aft is the kids pool area. However you are over the stardust theatre. Which may or may not have noise until about 11ish. I've never seen any complaints on CC about theatre noise to cabins above but that isn't saying there won't be.

Maybe someone who have been above the Stardust theatre could more answer that.

I hope that aleviates some of your concerns.

OK then again I will ask, have you looked at deck plans. The spirit has only one deck with aft cabins deck 9. The only thing over top of deck 9 aft is the kids pool area. However you are over the stardust theatre. Which may or may not have noise until about 11ish. I've never seen any complaints on CC about theatre noise to cabins above but that isn't saying there won't be.

Maybe someone who have been above the Stardust theatre could more answer that.

I hope that aleviates some of your concerns.

I was in an aft suite on 9 on the Spirit. There was only a little noise during the day when kids were running on the pool deck. Nothing in the morning or evening.

We never heard a single noise from the theater in our room and I am a very light sleeper/insomniac

Just had a look where our cabin is on the Pearl, we're also under the kids club. I think though that most nights we'd be in bed after 10 unless we're absolutely knackered from a day sightseeing. Not really in the cabin much during the day anyways.

Is the Alaska cruise generally popular for kiddies? I would expect lots of destinations would be more popular for those with kids?

Have only had one issue on a cruise not being able to sleep, and it was only me, hubby and son slept fine...and that was island night on the Pacific Dawn, but I had expected it!

Archived