Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean in July

bemyer

We're also going on the explorer in july. I can tell you that while in St. Thomas we're booked with "Godfrey tours"

In St. maarten we booked through rccl with the "afternoon beach bash".. We'll do our own thing in Nassau as well as San juan.

We leave on the 24th.. You?

Hi

I've read lots of great reviews on "Godfrey tours" on this cc board... So I booked directly w/ him.

Go to www.godfreytours and look up the info. Email him, he'll email you back.. Some said it took a while, I got response very quickly, booked w/ him and got confirmation back within a few days.

You pay the day you take the tour.

Price and times were great.

Let me know your thoughts.

Carrie

Carrie, I'm on your same cruise. Have you decided what you're going to do in San Juan? I've already been to the fort there, so I'm leaning toward doing the rain forest tour. Do you know anything about it? We took Godfrey's tour a couple of years ago. He wasn't there, but his brother was and we enjoyed it very much. This time we're doing the tour with Sunny Liston which I think is basically the same.

Ann

Goodmorning!

Not sure what we're doing in San Juan yet. We may just walk around and shop/sightsea along the way... I've been to San Juan about 20 years ago (I feel old, I'm only 40) and stayed on the beach for a week. This is only a few hours so not sure what we'll do. Its my mom and my soon to be a teenager son who's joining me... Any recommendations you'd like to share that you think we'd enjoy? Pass em on.

Enjoy the day!

Carrie

Carrie, I'm on your same cruise. Have you decided what you're going to do in San Juan? I've already been to the fort there, so I'm leaning toward doing the rain forest tour. Do you know anything about it? We took Godfrey's tour a couple of years ago. He wasn't there, but his brother was and we enjoyed it very much. This time we're doing the tour with Sunny Liston which I think is basically the same.

Ann

Good Morning Beymyer.

I'm surprised it didn't work.

goddfrey tours.com

Let me know... good luck.

I think the cost was $20.00 per person too which is awesome.

St. Thomas is magnificant.... Have you been before?

enjoy the day.

Carrie ps. let me know if you get onto the link ok.

thanks but the link did not work. can you repost. funny..booking the cruise was easy..booking the excursions is the difficult part now.

I just tried it myself for you.

try it like this.

godfrey tours usvi.com

leave the spaces in.. it worked for me.

thanks but the link did not work. can you repost. funny..booking the cruise was easy..booking the excursions is the difficult part now.

asrubin and Carrie:

We took a Bacardi Distillery / El Morro / Old Town tour on our honeymoon (booked through Carnival) and loved it. We may try to find the same thing in October and drag some of our new CC Meet & Mingle friends along.

can you tell me a little about the tour?

Thanks, Carrie

asrubin and Carrie:

We took a Bacardi Distillery / El Morro / Old Town tour on our honeymoon (booked through Carnival) and loved it. We may try to find the same thing in October and drag some of our new CC Meet & Mingle friends along.

I'm so glad you found it..... Sorry the one I posted didn't work out.. I even re-checked my email from him.. Oh well, doesn't matter... Did you email him yet?

PLEASE do a review when you get back.... I'll be leaving for miami on the 22nd(staying 2 days prior to cruise) and would love to read your godfrey as well as explorer review... Have a great time..........

thanks Carrie...that didnt work but this link did for anyone who needs it....http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/

sounds amazing and all for $20. Thanks for your help.

Anyone out there going on the July 10th cruise??

The San Juan tour we took departed from the dock on "little" buses (proabably 30 people ?). We got coupons for a couple of free rum drinks (along with a couple extra from the people sitting behind us on the bus :cool: ), and we got to try some drinks while waiting for the distillery tour. I don't remember what all we saw on the tour, but do remember there was some great historical information about Bacardi and rum distilling. We finished up with plenty of time in the gift shop to buy a couple of t-shirts and some rum (I really liked the 8 year old one) -- it was strongly suggested that you don't buy any 151 there because it is too flammable to be allowed on aircraft.

The rest of the tour was a drive back to (and through) Old Town -- the small buses fit perfectly down the narrow streets -- and then a stop at the fortress El Morro. They were happy to drop us off halfway between El Morro and the dock, so we could walk through Old Town and do a little shopping. I think the whole thing, including walking a bit, was probably about 3 hours -- we enjoyed it.

Archived