Kids and dolphin swim

comet11

sorry, if i can't answer this, but my son was 7 or 8 and did this excursion thru dolphin discovery and they never ask to see proof of his age, i will ask my husband what yr we went (its still early this morning, nobodys up yet) and I'll let you know. Also, if you book thru the ship, you still do the swim at dolphin disc. correct?

We did the dolphin push pull in Cozumel last year. My daughter was 8. I think part of the reason is the water is kinda deep. We all had life jackets on and stood on a metal shelf type of thing in the water so the dolphin could come up to us. My daughter could barely touch the shelf.. so she was treading water most of the time. When there was lots of activity in the water with the dolphin swimming around it was harder for her because she was being pushed around by the water. We had to hold her. I think that is why they have an age limit. I think it depends how tall your child is too. I can't recall what the age height cut off for all the activities on board .. something like 56 inches? and she was too short for everything. On the bright side she quite enjoyed the dolphin push pull. You said you child was a good swimmer so that will certainly help.

Pabrett46

sorry, if i can't answer this, but my son was 7 or 8 and did this excursion thru dolphin discovery and they never ask to see proof of his age, i will ask my husband what yr we went (its still early this morning, nobodys up yet) and I'll let you know. Also, if you book thru the ship, you still do the swim at dolphin disc. correct?

Yes thru the ship you do swim with them, I think the only difference is you only have 1 dolphin push you instead of two, and they use a boogie board-which would make it easier for kids to float and wait to get pushed.

Archived