Celebrity Silhouette Dec 1, 2012: All Aboard!

InPR

I've searched the threads and I don't yet think anyone has made a roll call for this sailing. If I am the first, Welcome!! If I'm horribly, horribly late, I will shamefully hang my head and humbly ask directions to the party.

My hubby and I (as well as another couple we met on a previous cruise) will be staying in Rome for a few days before hand. We're still feeling out the logistics of getting to Civitavecchia. It looks, for the moment, like going in on a van or such will be our best option. Trains, etc... apparently require some walking, which can be problematic with luggage. Anyone have a different thought?

Again, welcome and I look forward to chatting with whomever might be sailing with us!!

Welcome to the Silhouette Transatlantic! There is already a G&L Roll Call going for this cruise. The link is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1401590&highlight=silhouette

There is also a very active Roll Call on the regular Roll Call board. Plenty of useful information. You should definitely let yourself be known on both boards.

Looking forward the fun!

Don

I've searched the threads and I don't yet think anyone has made a roll call for this sailing. If I am the first, Welcome!! If I'm horribly, horribly late, I will shamefully hang my head and humbly ask directions to the party.

My hubby and I (as well as another couple we met on a previous cruise) will be staying in Rome for a few days before hand. We're still feeling out the logistics of getting to Civitavecchia. It looks, for the moment, like going in on a van or such will be our best option. Trains, etc... apparently require some walking, which can be problematic with luggage. Anyone have a different thought?

Again, welcome and I look forward to chatting with whomever might be sailing with us!!

Looking forward to meeting you in December.... Join our board when you have a chance....

We're still feeling out the logistics of getting to Civitavecchia. It looks, for the moment, like going in on a van or such will be our best option. Trains, etc... apparently require some walking, which can be problematic with luggage. Anyone have a different thought?

quote]

The train from Rome Termini to Civitavecchia is good if you don't have a lot of luggage. (You have to carry it on and off yourself)

The Civitavecchia train station is about 300 metres from the Port gates. It's a flat easy walk along the seafront promenade, past the hotels. On sailing day you will see lots of people walking along with suitcases.

Celebrity will have frequent free busses taking people from the Port gates through the maze of docks to the ship. :)

• 6 months later...

We are doing the same, Rome then cruise. I have been at this port and taken transportation via train to Rome before. It is doable if you aren't traveling extremely heavily and there is some walking on the port end. I think we'll probably do it that way but allow for time for breaks and possible missed connections.

Is there another roll call? If so, can you share the link? I am not finding one. Thought just occurred to me though that we could share a van to get from Rome to port to save a couple dollars. Anyone interested in that?

Welcome to the Silhouette Transatlantic! There is already a G&L Roll Call going for this cruise. The link is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1401590&highlight=silhouette

There is also a very active Roll Call on the regular Roll Call board. Plenty of useful information. You should definitely let yourself be known on both boards.

Looking forward the fun!

Don

Archived