CABINS 8500 & 8502 RC RADIANCE Any thoughts

Any of our CC brethern been in these Family Oceanview cabins on Royal Carib. Radiance of the Seas?. What did you think? Would you do it again or take two regular adjoining cabins? Using it for parents and 3 kids ages 6,4, and 1.:confused:

We were in cabin 8008 on the Jewel a couple of weeks ago. When we first got to our cabin we looked around at other cabins near by including 8002 and 8000 which are the same as those you asked about. The main area seemed very nice and roomy, the bunk bed room wasn't much bigger than a nice walk in closet. Of course they're just sleeping there so probably not a big deal, kid's might even think it's neat. I think you would probably do ok in either of these cabins. The view was good from the big window. There's very little traffic so it's quiter up front too. If you book these rooms use the forward elavators, hardly ever a wait. Just my opinion based on a quick walk around inside.

How about 7504 or 7004 on a radiance class ship? I have 7504 on the Brilliance next year and the shape of the cabins seems much different compared to the ones on deck 8. I don't think I'll change cabins but just wanted to know what these look like.

• 1 year later...

Cruiseboys,

It was a great cabin. We were on the 11 night Panama - wife and I and our 3 sons 11,9,7. You'd think after all that time on board I'd have remembered to take some photos of the cabin layout but I didn't. There is a website that had virtual tours of a bunch of ships and I believe they had a Radiance class FO in our configuration. I don't have it handy but I'll see if I can find and post. Let me try to describe it in case I can't find.

Walking in there is closet space to your left and entrance to bathroom straight ahead. You need to take a jog to the right to enter room. Straight ahead is sleeper couch with windows to either side. Walking towards the couch the queen bed is to your left. To your right is the entrance to other bedroom - really just bunk beds. I'm sure you noticed the wall the coach is on is curved but not as curved as it looks on the deck plans. Some quick pros and cons

Pros - Cabin is large enough for our family not to be cramped over 11 nights. Windows have an awesome view. Windows are also huge - the kids would climb up into them and read. They are at an angle so there is a huge flat area up there - heck I could even fit. It does get hot up there during the day if sun is hitting but still perfect for drying swim suits. With the curtains pulled it will not heat up the room either. Lots of space for luggage and clothes.

Cons - One bathroom as you know. Worked out fine for us though. I'd take the boys out on the heliport and Mom could signal from the window when she was dressed for dinner. No - you can't really look in from the bow. Person has to be up on the ledge by glass to be seen. When bow thrusters are used you will feel it. Was OK for us since it meant we were docking and time to get up. You will also hear the machines for the ropes. Had a problem with crew door above us banging on the first night. I guess something on the door was broke so the door was just slamming shut instead of slowly closing. Made a call to guest relations and it was soon fixed.

Hope this helps - any specific questions let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Byefairwind,

My husband and kids, age 12 and 9 are booked in cabin 7504 on the brilliance for the 10 day Panama cruise in March. I have been going crazy wondering about the cabin. We could not decide between a balcony room verses the bigger room with no balcony. I was glad to here your description. I am worried about the view and the motion of the ship. What do you think? Was the view okay....or are you staring down at the helipad? How was the motion? I know that when you go to the shows in the theatres you can really feel the ship "rocking and rolling." Was it the same in your cabin at night? One last question. On deck 8 there are 2 cabins available in the same category, but they are at the very front of the ship. Do you know if that cabin would be better or worse? Sorry for all the questions. I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Kim

PS- Any tips about the ports or cruise itself would be greatly appreciated!

Kim,

Just off of the Christmas cruise on Jewel OTS and we were in 7504. We, too, were wondering about the difference in the FO cabins on Deck 7 vs. Deck 8. The ones on Deck 8 appear larger than deck 7 and they were still available on our cruise. SO, when we boarded we ran upstairs and checked them out. They weren't larger and, in fact, appeared to have a bit less space than those on Deck 7. 7504 has a big floor area with a small couch and two chairs and the small "second bedroom" (just big enough for a single bed and bunkbed) is completely opposite the main "bedroom". Each of these "rooms" is separated by curtains that can be closed for privacy. The bathroom was the standard size. There was more than enough closet and drawer space (more than we've ever had in 50 cruises!!!!) They advertise this cabin can accommodate 6 people but we pulled out the couch and it would definately be a tight squeeze for 2 people. Luckily, we were only 2 so the cabin was like a suite to us!

Motion: No difference. We've been high in the ship, low in the ship. Forward, aft. Couldn't feel any difference.

Noise: A bit more noise. Thrusters when docking in the morning. Lines out in the morning when tying up. Nothing more than usual though. The added space made up for it, though.

View: Great! This cabin has TWO huge windows and you can see almost 180 degrees. Not "just the helipad"!

If you have any other questions, let us know. Might be able to find a pic to send, too.

Cruiseboys,

Thanks so much for the info! It is just what I wanted to hear!!! We had been booked in a balcony cabin on deck ten for months and months and then all of a sudden the FO cabins popped up as open. I called and switched cabins...(actually got a credit if you can believe it.) I wanted the extra square footage because of the kids, but then started having "switchers remorse!" You have helped put my mind at ease. 50 cruises!!!! This is only number 7 for us, but if things go as planned we will be at 50 someday too! I'd love to see a picture if you have one.

Thanks Again,

Kim

• 3 years later...

Hi we are very new to cruising and are looking at booking on RC Radiance in either cabin 8000 or 7504. I have three children...16 / 13 / 13 and need to know if there is enough room and light for a 12 day day cruise without us falling over each other. The description sounds great but when I log onto a floor plan it only shows me the one with sloping windows and I wonder if that is too small for us and we should take tow separate cabins. I would love to see some photos of 7504 if you have them - and hear how the trip went for Kimpatrick and cruiseboys. Very nervous about choosing a cabin that is right for us all but also keeping the cost down ( two cabins are a lot more )

Would really appreciate some feedback - and any photos.

Archived