Meet And Greet

crewsin250

My question is has anyone ever got a Carnival group coordinator to set up a location for a CC M&G onboard.

I know CCL is not affliated with Cruise Critic and does not have to help set up a location. But I was wondering if it had been done before and who did you get in contact with to set it up.

I sailed in March on NCL and the group coordinatior asked me what place and time we wanted and how many people would be attending and they are not affliated with CC either.

We had a great time with over 50 people attending, She also had several Officers and the Cruise Directors and some his staff show up for our meeting.

Meet and Greet is something that is affiliated with Cruise Critic and I believe RCI only. You can arrange a meeting and greet each other on other cruise lines but you have to do it on your own. I contacted Carnival and ask them about arranging a meeting place for a group from this board that were all cruising at the same time. Their response was that we could meet in any public place we wanted as long as the group didn't interfere with the normal activities going on around us. (Mainly, don't have a group of fifty people standing in the middle of the Artium or right in the middle of where people pass by.) You are pretty much on your own with this and you will find that not everybody that says they will show up will. People forget about it or are doing something else when the designated time that you have set up rolls around. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Thanks rwolver672 for the reply and the info, that's a shame Carnival is not willing to work with CC members and reserve a place for them to meet. On NCL they had signs saying private party from 5:30 till 6:30 at the lounge we had reserved and placed welcome sign to all CC members.

The first time I cruised with Carnival I had not found this web site. But now cruising is so much more enjoyable and getting to meet people you post with on these boards makes it seem like traveling with new family members.

Paul

Archived