Free cruise!

kdoc84

Congrats....also keep in mind these free cruises DO NOT count towards your cruise total.

Dave

Sorry, Dave .. but you're wrong. We're taking our "free cruise" in May - it'll be my 10th making me Platinum and our documents all say VIP.

Congrats....also keep in mind these free cruises DO NOT count towards your cruise total.

Dave

They do. I've won twice and am Platinum with them :)

Yes, you read that right. We won twice!

The cruise you win is equal to the one you are on. If you are on a 7 day, you win up to a 7 day. If you are on a 4 day, you win up to a 4 and so on.

Sorry, Dave .. but you're wrong. We're taking our "free cruise" in May - it'll be my 10th making me Platinum and our documents all say VIP.

Glad to hear this! We won the free cruise (for 5!!!) in the "build A Ship" contest for the Magic. It seems like forever ago! We're finally sailing in July;) So happy it will count!

Congratulations, go enjoy and have fun. Maybe I'll get lucky on the Dream in October. Glad to hear from someone who is excited about winning. The last one I attended on the Legend, the woman who won the cruise did not seem excited at all. It was kind of a let down to see the cruise go to someone who did not even seem to appreciate winning. Oh well!! ;)

I 'won' one from my first cruise (from the survey). But because it was a cruise for 2 and my husband had just deployed and thus wasn't there - they wouldn't let me book. I told them how silly that was since the cruise I had been on was with my sister. :eek:

Now wait a minute! IMATEXAN, you won twice? Well, that explains it. You won one of the cruises I was suppose to win. I'll let you get away with it this time but don't let it happen again. I don't want to hear about you winning a third. That would really get me ticked.

I paid $160 in port fees and taxes. If the value is under $1000 (or so) you won't have to claim it on your taxes...something to remember.

My wife won a cruise on the Fascination a couple of years ago, we took the Triumph out of Charleston and received a 1099, gambling winnings from Carnival... and YOU have better included anything you "win" on your taxes... IRS gets one. I was able to offset the gambling winnings with gambling losses (you can claim up to what you won with losses... you need to be able to prove it though), yet it still counted towards your gross income and can increase your tax bracket. Please report what you receive on a 1099 or other tax form. Big brother is watching... BTW you can get a report of gambling winnings/losses from Carnival for tax purposes. Another part of using your card to gamble.

Just wanted to share my excitement about winning the free cruise raffle last week on the Liberty! Woohoo!!! Just back and already planning the next one!

Yay!!

Congatulations!! If you need a couple of cabin mates to go with you, we're really nice folks and easy to get along with (well, at least I am. My DW, on the other hand...):D:D:D

I 'won' one from my first cruise (from the survey). But because it was a cruise for 2 and my husband had just deployed and thus wasn't there - they wouldn't let me book. I told them how silly that was since the cruise I had been on was with my sister. :eek:

Did the rules specificially say it was for you and your spouse?

We got a form to fill out and send in. The letter was in my husbands name and just asked for the second guest name. No where on the form did it specify that it had to be me.

[quote name='Cmx3d']It's too bad your wife/gf? was asleep! Loved the reaction you had as well. Enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Fiancee, actually! Yeah I tried to scream out but I had partially lost my voice from earlier trivia and other games. What came out was a weak attempt at a yell.

[quote name='Baylee']Did the rules specificially say it was for you and your spouse?

We got a form to fill out and send in. The letter was in my husbands name and just asked for the second guest name. No where on the form did it specify that it had to be me.[/quote]

No, the rules specifically stated 2 person cruise. I wanted to book it for when he got home, but they said they couldn't book it without being able to speak with the other person at the same time.
It was all really sketchy.

Archived