Just back from the Adventure of the Seas

pjcoach

Just off Adventure (Feb 26)....we noticed the smell when we were docked and my guess is that it has something to do with the power system on the ship, exhaust coming out maybe. Never smelled it when the shop was moving. We were on deck 8 on the hump.

Thought the food in general was quite good....altho the menu is getting a bit stale....they need to add something new. My opinion is that since the menu is the same from ship to ship, the head chef is the "difference maker."

Service and staff....always friendly and helpful.

Entertainment....good. Bowser put on a great show. He incorporated the audience and kids into his show. Clown-juggler was ok and production shows and ice show quite good. Richard Spacey...incredibly talented, a pleasure.

All in all, no complaints....just wish I was back on board instead of back in real life.:rolleyes:

Do you recall any interesting activities during the sea days (or by chance kept the daily Compasses)? Debating between this itinerary for next year and the Celebrity Summit that has one less sea day. Not a fan of sea days and always looking for things to do so I don't have to fight with chair hogs at the pool :)

Just off Adventure (Feb 26)....we noticed the smell when we were docked and my guess is that it has something to do with the power system on the ship, exhaust coming out maybe. Never smelled it when the shop was moving. We were on deck 8 on the hump.

Thought the food in general was quite good....altho the menu is getting a bit stale....they need to add something new. My opinion is that since the menu is the same from ship to ship, the head chef is the "difference maker."

Service and staff....always friendly and helpful.

Entertainment....good. Bowser put on a great show. He incorporated the audience and kids into his show. Clown-juggler was ok and production shows and ice show quite good. Richard Spacey...incredibly talented, a pleasure.

All in all, no complaints....just wish I was back on board instead of back in real life.:rolleyes:

We had Bowser the week before as he was performing for a rock and rock group that was on board for the 6th year in a row. He was great. You enjoyed Richard Spacey for his last week on board as he starts the Explorer now.

Do you recall any interesting activities during the sea days (or by chance kept the daily Compasses)? Debating between this itinerary for next year and the Celebrity Summit that has one less sea day. Not a fan of sea days and always looking for things to do so I don't have to fight with chair hogs at the pool :)

Your activities will depend on the age of the crowd on board and countries and the cruise and activity director choice. Richard Spacey elected some nights to have only one main show and we heard some people complain. We loved being able to see Love and marriage earlier (before 11) and Quest before 1130.

We loved our back 2 back and booked it again for next year.

Just got off the 2/19th sailing. I will post a trip report but here are some first impressions.

We traveled on the AOS 4 years ago and we enjoyed this cruise as much. The itinerary was great and we enjoyed the 2 days at sea. The ship was in pretty good condition but the couch and bed in our stateroom (E1) were definitely in need of replacing. I have heard that she is due for rehab soon.

The food was good in the main dining room but it was not hot. The best meal I had was the tempura on the last night. Lobster was on Friday night. I agree that variety in Windjammer was lacking. We did My Time Dining (our first experience with it) and we were very pleased with how it worked.

Entertainment was just ok. The main attraction was Richard Spacey, the cruise director. He really made things fun. The Love and Marriage Game was a hoot and quest was great, too.

There was a distinct odor (It was like broccoli or brussel sprouts!). I noticed it when we first approached the ship (port side) and noticed it every time we were on the port side of the ship (unfortunately our cabin was also port side mid ship). I noticed it inside the ship also near the dining room. I kept saying, "How many times this week are they going to cook brussel sprouts?!"

To end on a good note, the service staff were wonderful. The bartenders in the Schooner bar remembered us after one visit. The assistant waiters in Windjammer were always on top of things and the entertainment staff kept things hopping (the activities on the Promenade were terrific).

We had Bowser the week before as he was performing for a rock and rock group that was on board for the 6th year in a row. He was great. You enjoyed Richard Spacey for his last week on board as he starts the Explorer now.

Do you know who is the CD now?

Also, do you know if Bowser will be on each week? Or do they rotate him to different ships?

Erika

Archived