Post Alaska Shore Excursion to Victoria

workforce

the transfer to ferry 1 hr garden 1 nite Emress day free in morning back to vancover for 2 nites westin about 600 pperson

Same here, only in reverse. We are getting 2 nites Westin in Vancouver, with one day free and one day Vancouver Tour, then ferry to Victoria and Buchart Gardens with one nite at Empress, ferry back to Vancouver to board ship. Pick up at airport upon arrival, etc. And it is just under $600pp :)

We will be getting to Vancouver on June 13th and our sail date is June 16th on the Sapphire.:) This is a pre-cruise tour.

I did cost it out for the same hotels, ferry and cabs from airport and transportation to ship. The savings was minimal, so for less than $100 and good hotels, we decided to do this with Princess.

I did think the tour at the gardens was more than an hour tho.

Just a thought - do you know if you are going to the Gardens after getting off the ferry and before you go to your hotel or to the Gardens and then to the ferry - if not I wonder if you couldn't stay longer and make your way back to your hotel by yourself either on the city bus or by taxi.

Just a thought

Cheers

Dennis

Going as soon as you get off.I talked with a tour company in Vancouver that does the same tour with and he does the garden after to avoid the crusie rush. I hate crowds...oh dear..I do no think they let oyu wander as you have to check into hotel..thanks for suggestion.MAybe bribe the bus driver????

We visit Victoria annually, you can do this for cheaper yourself.

Take ferry to Victoria, stay at the Magnolia (cheaper and infinitely better than the Empress, our favorite hotel we've stayed at in years actually), take the bus tour to Buchart and enjoy at your leisure. They run buses 6 or so times a day and you take whichever you want (for $59). Three hours in Buchart is about perfect, one hour's hardly worth your visit.

Enjoy - Victoria is best when you wander around the harbor. And eat at Blue Fish Red Fish, no matter what.

$1200 - you could certainly do it cheaper. Yes you would not be staying at the Empress but instead could stay at one of the many lovely smaller hotels in Victoria; or a B&B. Quite frankly staying at the Empress is overblown and not worth the $$$$.

Pacific Coach Lines has package deals (see link below).

http://www.pacificcoach.com/Hotel-Packages/Victoria-Hotel-Packages/Victoria-Escape

I also just checked out costs if you did it yourself. With one night at the Magnolia (and you could go cheaper) the cost for the two of (including round trip ferry/bus; entrance to Butcharts) is around the $500 mark - $700 less than the excursion and you could easily find a hotel in Vancouver for two nights that won't cost that. You're then on your own time with no one rushing you.

You might want to look at an alternative if you aren't set on spending the night in Victoria. We booked an indpendent tour of Victoria and Butchart gardens from Vancouver travelling out by seaplane, time to explore Victoria, bus to Butchart Gardens with plenty of time to explore then bus / ferry back to our hotel in Vancouver. The whole trip was fantstic, early May and the sun was shinning. The ferry was excellent - we were some of the first onboard, went straight to the dining room, snagged a table by the window and had one of the best buffet meals ever! Worth a look. G.

1786337502_ButchartGardens.jpg.7728f7dce4114ab2b747943fad7fb0bf.jpg

Wow!!

$1200 is ALOT of money.

We loved Vancouver and have sailed Alaska 3 times from there. We always go 2-3 days early to enjoy the city and surrounding area.

One time we took a Gray Line to Victoria and the Gardens... gave us about 2 hours at the Gardens and more than enough hours to enjoy downtown and the harbor....less than $200pp.... that's $800 to spend in Vancouver...

http://www.vancouversightseeing.com/victoria-the-butchart-gardens/

the transfer to ferry 1 hr garden 1 nite Emress day free in morning back to vancover for 2 nites westin about 600 pperson

I bet you can do it yourself for less. Overnight on the island, come back and stay near the airport something like that.

Archived