Lunch near pier?

beckyjohns

We are booked for cave tubing while we're in Belize. We arrive at 8AM and depart at 6PM. I have no idea how long the cave tubing excursion will take, but I'm assuming we won't be back to the port until mid afternoon. We'll have our 2 small kids with us and I'm sure they'll be starving at that point, since lunch isn't included in our tour (and it's my understanding that there isn't really a place to grab lunch at the tubing site). Of course, we could wait to eat until we get back on the ship, but it will be just that much later after waiting for the tender, then tendering to the ship. Is there any place withing walking distance of the pier to get a quick, decent lunch before heading back to the ship?

There are a couple of small cafes in the Tourist Village at the tender pier that serve food. But a lot of cruisers head for the Wet Lizard. They do have a large menu so I'm sure your kids will find something. Just outside the T.V. to the left as you exit the T.V. is a hoagie place, have no clue as to how good it is. I would doubt if you'll have a lot of time after cavetubing to head out into Belize City for a bite, like at Nernie's a short distance away. Remember, you're on ship time and if you leave at 6PM, your last tender will be at 5PM, which is 4PM Belize time. The earliest you'll get to the tender pier on a ship excursion is probably 8:45/9AM. If your excursion is not a ship excursion it could be leaving the the T.V. about 10A ship. Give yourself 4-5 hours for the tubing and travel.

Hmmmm....you're right, it's going to be tight. If I could bring lunch with us for the kids, I would do that in a heartbeat because it would make life so much easier. DH and I can wait to eat. Unfortunately, there's not much food from the ship that we can bring. It has to be pre-packaged, right? So, pretty much cereal is it!

Hmmmm....you're right, it's going to be tight. If I could bring lunch with us for the kids, I would do that in a heartbeat because it would make life so much easier. DH and I can wait to eat. Unfortunately, there's not much food from the ship that we can bring. It has to be pre-packaged, right? So, pretty much cereal is it!

From home, bring those individual prepackaged crackers and cookies or granola bars or dried fruit. Anything to tide them over until you get back to the ship. Some cave tubing excursions do include a lunch somewhere. At the main cave-tubing park, there is a buffet set up upstairs for these tours.

Archived