Which private island is the best

vllygrrl

My husband and I ahve been to three private islands (princess's, NCL, and Disney's). We thought that Princess's private isalnd was Ok. NCL's was nice but very small. IMO the best by far was Disney's. They have three seperate beaches set up (one for kids, one for families and one just for adluts).

Just hoping to get some imput and experiences others have had with other private island stops.

We always enjoyed HAL's private island Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. Great beach and usually less crowded due to HAL's smaller ships. Excellent barbecue served on island and many activities for families.

I haven't esperienced any but Disney, but they definately set the bar high for comparison, it was so beaufiful. It was especially great to know my teen could be found at the teen area, and my hubby and I had peace and romance at the adult only. Food was great too. I am looking forward to see NCL's Nov 27, so FAR away!! Mary

Add another Disney vote to the list. It's the one thing I miss most about our Disney cruises and the only thing that might make me consider paying the premium to sail with them again.

It really is that much better.

By far the nicest I've been to was Celebrity's Coco Cay. It was so pretty and there were a lot of different covered buildings housing bars, eating stations, shops, etc.

The Princess Island was small and over crowded. Nothing special. We were tired of the deck chair hogs on the ship, only to go to the island and find the same deck chair hogs. We couldn't find a chair! You'd figure that they would have enough chairs to accomodate the number of passengers coming to the island!

Disney Has The Best, Best Cruise, Best Food!!! First Class All The Way, It Makes Ncl Look Like A Slum!!! Castaway Cay You Just Walk Off And You Have Plenty Of Room, Not Overcrowded Like Ncl. Ncl Needs To Take A Few Ideas From Disney!!!

GSC was the first of the "private islands". It has been around since the 80's. It was wonderful then, when the ships were smaller. Now the beach is too small for the number of passengers from a ship like the Dawn.

Labadee was also very nice, but I was there a long time ago on a very small ship (Sun Viking). I don't know how it is now with their 3000+ passenger mega ships.

Archived