Juneau Fly-Out Fly Fishing Excursion-Princess

originolsin

I have looked everywhere, including 10 pages back on this board, and can't find a single thing about this excursion. Can anyone help?!? :confused: I would hate to spend $395 to find out if it is any good or not. Princess won't let me know the name of the company they go through either.

TIA

Brett

My ex-roomie was an avid fly fisherman (it took ages to get the feathers out of the plush carpet after a marathon fly-tying session) and he swears that SE fly fishing is some of the best. A lot depends on when you are going and what species you're interested in. Early May - mid June is good for dollies, steelhead, and cutthroat. There are fewer of these in the streams and you will have to work harder for them. In late summer the streams are choked with salmon. This sounds like a great trip - fly-in fishing gets you out in the wilderness away from the madding crowds.

Actually, I said that the streams were full of salmon - I didn't say anything about catching one with every cast. :) It's more challenging than you think. Salmon stop eating after they get into fresh water, so to get one to bite, you basically have to wiggle your fly so close to its nose that it bites at it aggressively.

Archived