1st cruise

I am taking my first cruise in August on Grandeur of the Sea from Baltimore. I will be traveling with my husband and 3 children 3, 8 & 15. I was wondering if anyone has any advice? I am also having a hard time deciding what shore excursion to do in Grand Bahamas. Swimming with the dolphins is rather expensive . I was also wondering about coco cay. It said something about a water park? Does anyone have any information about that.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Chris

I am taking my first cruise in August on Grandeur of the Sea from Baltimore. I will be traveling with my husband and 3 children 3, 8 & 15. I was wondering if anyone has any advice? I am also having a hard time deciding what shore excursion to do in Grand Bahamas. Swimming with the dolphins is rather expensive . I was also wondering about coco cay. It said something about a water park? Does anyone have any information about that.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Chris

A warm welcome to you and your family - you will LOVE cruising :)

We cruised for the first time this past February with our 8 year old daughter and she had a great time!

Coco Cay is not a water park, it's a private island/beach for the exclusive use of RCI cruise ship passengers. There is lot's to do on Coco Cay for the kids - playing in the ocean all day as well as some water sports ( snorkeling etc). There is a wonderful BBQ lunch ( included in your cruise fare) and a small market for shopping. You will tender ( leave the ship in small tender boats) to the island, and spend the day there. Keep in mind that the tender boats run all day, so you can return to the ship at any time.

Have a wonderful first cruise, let us know all about it when you get back :)

I was just on the RCCL website, and they have listed a few of the newer things to do, such as the water park, on their private island. As it is new, I have no other info than what I read on the website,

Recent reviews from cruisers who have been to Coco Cay have said that the water park was destroyed and not replaced after last year's hurricanes. :(

Archived