Westerdam - Navigation Deck (8)

Vic The Parrot

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the vicinity of Navigation Deck FWD.

A friend is looking into booking a cabin up there, and would like to know if the verandahs are open to the elements (and sun).

It's tough to tell if the verandahs are partially covered by Lido Deck, or fully covered by that decks extension.

Any opinions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

We've had Westerdam 8010 and Noordam 8009. They're just like any other side VA/VB/VC except there's more motion. There is no extra overhang from the Lido deck. The forward view is slightly blocked by the bridge wing. Quiet area. Poor wifi connection because there are no hallway antennas forward of the dog-legs on that deck.

This is why I love CC.

Any thoughts on Aft Nav deck? I'm in 8135. Wifi issues?

TIA.:)

We had Noordam 7124 and liked that location better than far forward ... less motion and closer to the "food end" of the ship!

Your nearest wifi antenna will be at 8115, six cabins away, so your signal will be weak. :)

Here are two views - one looking aft, the other looking forward - from Deck 8 cabin #8025 on the Nieuw Amsterdam which is similar to the Westerdam. As you can see, the verandahs are shaded by the Lido deck overhead. I would say it is fully covered unless the sun is lower than the deck overhang if you know what I mean.

CIMG2906.jpg.b1b96e62952ee295c83695adfb739ac3.jpg

CIMG2907.jpg.ec25cd1221df44295aaf47a3bf726ce5.jpg

Here are two views - one looking aft, the other looking forward - from Deck 8 cabin #8025 on the Nieuw Amsterdam which is similar to the Westerdam. As you can see, the verandahs are shaded by the Lido deck overhead. I would say it is fully covered unless the sun is lower than the deck overhang if you know what I mean.

From what it looks like, the deck overhangs in the midship area, covering the verandahs. Forward, it's partially covered.

Not bad at all.

Thanks Ed!

We've had Westerdam 8010 and Noordam 8009. They're just like any other side VA/VB/VC except there's more motion. There is no extra overhang from the Lido deck. The forward view is slightly blocked by the bridge wing. Quiet area. Poor wifi connection because there are no hallway antennas forward of the dog-legs on that deck.

And that's what he is looking for ... peace and quiet. ;)

Thanks for the info, John.

As you can see, the verandahs are shaded by the Lido deck overhead.
Yes, the cabins between the "dog legs" (V on the Nieuw A and Eurodam, or SS on the Westerdam) do have the extra Lido overhang. However, I interpreted Vic's post as meaning the VA cabins forward of the dog leg, and up there the Lido deck wall is directly above the deck 8 VA railings, as well as the VB and VC below them.

2194635870099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

Yes, the cabins between the "dogs legs" (V on the Nieuw A and Eurodam, or SS on the Westerdam) do have the extra Lido overhang. However, I interpreted Vic's post as meaning the VA cabins forward of the dog leg, and up there the Lido deck wall is directly above the VA railings.

Yep ...

The cabins in question are 8002 and 8004.

I told him if he doesn't book em, I will. ;)

Archived