New Travel Agency Policy - Need Confirmation

I was goofing off on the boards the other day and saw something about a new policy that said you could not transfer your reservation to a TA more than 60 days from when you booked it. I mentioned this on my Roll Call board and they were sure it is the same as in the past where you had to transfer before final payment. Just called Royal and she said it is a new policy and you must transfer within 60 days of the booking becoming active. I purchased my next cruise back in 08 (my last Golden next cruise - boo hoo), I called on February 5th. to activate it and choose a sailing so she said I must transfer within 60 days of February 5th. I really need acurate information from the experts here -

1.) Is it 60 days from February 5th. or

2.) Just before final payment

I like to hold on to my ressie as long as possible and then transfer it over right at the end so I'd really like to know the answer to this .

Experts - what is the answer?

Thanks so much! And happy sailing!

E-Beth

I was goofing off on the boards the other day and saw something about a new policy that said you could not transfer your reservation to a TA more than 60 days from when you booked it. I mentioned this on my Roll Call board and they were sure it is the same as in the past where you had to transfer before final payment. Just called Royal and she said it is a new policy and you must transfer within 60 days of the booking becoming active. I purchased my next cruise back in 08 (my last Golden next cruise - boo hoo), I called on February 5th. to activate it and choose a sailing so she said I must transfer within 60 days of February 5th. I really need acurate information from the experts here -

1.) Is it 60 days from February 5th. or

2.) Just before final payment

I like to hold on to my ressie as long as possible and then transfer it over right at the end so I'd really like to know the answer to this .

Experts - what is the answer?

Thanks so much! And happy sailing!

E-Beth

The limit is 60 days from when you book a specific cruise. Or, in the next case of a Next Cruise certificate, the limit is 60 days from when that NC is first assigned to a specific cruise.

Edited to add that this change occurred 10/18/2010, so bookings made or NC's purchased before that date still have until final payment to transfer.

When I transfered mine last year it was 60 days. We just purchased a next cruise certificate and it clearly states that if I want to transfer the reservation it must be done within 60 days of the official booking.

Just to clarify...............You have 60 days from the date you convert your next cruise to a specific cruise and not when you created it on board.

I'm still confused.

What if you purchased your next cruise before the new policy change in October 2010? Do you still have to do it within the 60 days or do you have until final payment is due?

E-Beth

If you purchased the NC before Oct 2010, then you should have until final payment to transfer. However, if it was me, I'd make a note at the top of the transfer form that the NC was purchased pre rule change, just to remind them. Might save a little time.

Also, depending on the actual date the NC was purchased, it may be older than other rule changes that might be beneficial to you. Before 5/2010 you are eligible for price drops until 72 hours before final payment. Before 7/2008 combinations of shareholder, C&A savings certs, NC OBC, and balcony discounts were allowed.

I'm still confused.

What if you purchased your next cruise before the new policy change in October 2010? Do you still have to do it within the 60 days or do you have until final payment is due?

E-Beth

C&A says you fall under the old rules and have until final payment once you have converted your NC to a specific booking.

But, you have to make them aware that the creation date of your NC was prior to October 18, 2010. It may take some perseverance and a possible chat with a supervisor.:)

Archived