Non Aussie Melbournian needing New Caledonia Visa

Hi there.

We are in the same situation. I am an Aussie Citizen from Adelaide and my wife still holds a Philippine passport (She's a permanent Aussie resident).

We would like to do a 9 day cruise in mid-July (via P&O) to New Caledonia (Isle of Pines, Mare, Lifou and Noumea).

Does my wife still need to apply a visa in Sydney? We will be staying for 6 hours per port.

Help anyone???

Hello.Just wondering what happened to your wife? did she require any visa? ive got the same dilemma. Ive got a philippine passport but an australian permanent resident, going to new caledonia for a cruise for 9days. P&O cruises and other visa agents are not sure if I do need a visa. Please help!... Ive only got a few weeks to go..

Hello.Just wondering what happened to your wife? did she require any visa? ive got the same dilemma. Ive got a philippine passport but an australian permanent resident, going to new caledonia for a cruise for 9days. P&O cruises and other visa agents are not sure if I do need a visa. Please help!... Ive only got a few weeks to go..

We cancelled our trip up due to work commitments. Got a reply from Tourism Caledonia and they said that visa wont be required as we are in transit only, will be leaving via same boat on the same day.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my advice back on page 1 of this thread was spot on after all then.

We've just booked for November to go up the side of Australia on the Rhapsody of the Seas, so we can forget all visa issues, heck we wont even need our passports for this one:)

Archived