Sleep Inn or Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale?

rlkubi

I'm deciding between the two. Which would be a better choice? Is there more restaurants, etc. around one than the other? Is one a better area? Or a better hotel?

Please give me your comments.

There are more restaurants and stuff around the Hyatt Place North in Fort Lauderdale (1851 SE 10th Ave) than Sleep Inn, and the HP rooms are mini-suites.

We have stayed at the HP 2 years now and will do so again for our cruise in 2013. Great location.

Hyatt Place is a great location. In addition to the Outback being right there, you can walk

a short distance to a plaza with a Publix and a Duffy's Sports Bar. HP also has a shuttle to the port, but you have to sign up and there is a fee. Can't remember the amount though!

There are more restaurants and stuff around the Hyatt Place North in Fort Lauderdale (1851 SE 10th Ave) than Sleep Inn, and the HP rooms are mini-suites.

I noticed you are from fll, im looking at a hotel hyatt place south/airport, they said 5 miles to port. since i'm coming north of fll, should i book hyatt place north? how far is it to port? i know they said hyatt place south/airport is pretty new. thanks

I noticed you are from fll, im looking at a hotel hyatt place south/airport, they said 5 miles to port. since i'm coming north of fll, should i book hyatt place north? how far is it to port? i know they said hyatt place south/airport is pretty new. thanks

If you are driving in, HP South is actually right at I95 and it's only another 2 exits south. It's not as close to the port as HP north, which is just a mile from the north entrance, but it is still very close, an easy ride, and much newer. Either would be fine.

If you are driving in, HP South is actually right at I95 and it's only another 2 exits south. It's not as close to the port as HP north, which is just a mile from the north entrance, but it is still very close, an easy ride, and much newer. Either would be fine.

Thanks, I think I'll go w/ the HP South, saved alot more money and to just drive 5 miles, that's not that far - thanks :)

Thanks, I think I'll go w/ the HP South, saved alot more money and to just drive 5 miles, that's not that far - thanks :)

Good choice. Hollywood Ale House is across the street in Oakwood, past Home Depot. They have pretty good food.

Archived