Cruise Director on Explorer of the Seas?

On another thread, I read that Richard Spacey is there at this moment. I wonder how long he will be there, because we are on Explorer in May and we're hoping it won't be Jimmy Rhodes again.

On another thread, I read that Richard Spacey is there at this moment. I wonder how long he will be there, because we are on Explorer in May and we're hoping it won't be Jimmy Rhodes again.

Hey Donna I will be on your same sailing! Although CD's aren't a big deal breaker for me, lately I have taken some interest to see what CD we will have.

I have never had either Jimmy or Richard. Sounds like you have cruised with Jimmy before, how is he?

-david

Hey Donna I will be on your same sailing! Although CD's aren't a big deal breaker for me, lately I have taken some interest to see what CD we will have.

I have never had either Jimmy or Richard. Sounds like you have cruised with Jimmy before, how is he?

-david

WE were on Explorer for New Year's. Jimmy was the CD. We absolutely did not care for him at all. He was very repetitive and he spoke way to fast - it was difficult to understand him. His sense of humor did not appeal to us either. We preferred activities that other members of his staff were hosting...they were less annoying and more "fun".

I do admit that he threw an awesome New Year's Eve party though. But that would be expected of any CD.

WE were on Explorer for New Year's. Jimmy was the CD. We absolutely did not care for him at all. He was very repetitive and he spoke way to fast - it was difficult to understand him. His sense of humor did not appeal to us either. We preferred activities that other members of his staff were hosting...they were less annoying and more "fun".

I do admit that he threw an awesome New Year's Eve party though. But that would be expected of any CD.

oh boy. I hope by our sailing we get someone else then :confused:

Someone who got off the Explorer on the 27th said Jimmy Rhodes got off and RIchard Spacey got on but idk how long he will be on for, just glad he will be on for my cruise:D

Oh boy I hope he stays on for my May sailing!! I thought he was on the Oasis cruises? Maybe he's just filling in temporarily? I've never had him before but from looking at some videos he seems hilarious!!

• 2 weeks later...
I went to the RCL Facebook page typed in the same question for my cruise and got a reply within 24 hrs....you'd think they would post that info somewhere

Yea I did that the other day and I got a response from Facebook saying....

"

Whoever it is I am sure you will have an awesome time!"

:confused:

Umm... so yea, that didn't go so well. lol

We had Jimmy Rhodes on our May cruise last year and LOVED him. It was my boyfriend's first cruise and he still talks about how awesome Jimmy was as a CD. It was my 10th cruise on RCL and the first CD that has been memorable for me.

We're both in our mid to late 20s and Jimmy's sense of humor was right up our alley. Yes, he talks fast, but we're both from Boston and talk fast as well. Maybe that's why we loved him so much - we Bostonians felt right at home on a cruise out of NJ/NY ;)

Someone who got off the Explorer on the 27th said Jimmy Rhodes got off and RIchard Spacey got on but idk how long he will be on for, just glad he will be on for my cruise:D

Friends of ours just got off the EOS (March 9) and Jimmy was still the there.:confused:

We had Jimmy Rhodes on our May cruise last year and LOVED him. It was my boyfriend's first cruise and he still talks about how awesome Jimmy was as a CD. It was my 10th cruise on RCL and the first CD that has been memorable for me.

I agree with you. There won't be a way to make everyone happy, but we sailed with Jimmy Rhodes as our cruise director in December and absolutely loved him. It was our third cruise and he was by far our favourite cruise director.

oh boy. I hope by our sailing we get someone else then :confused:

I would take peoples' opinions with a grain of salt. Jimmy was CD on our first cruise on the Majesty and we thought he was great! Would def said again on a ship he was on.

• 2 weeks later...

It is def. confirmed that Richard Spacey is the Cruise Director now as of March 9th, that was his first saling replacing Jimmy Rhodes, I just came off the 3/9-3/19 Cruise and it was Richard I have pics with him!!

If your cruising on the Explorer Richard is NUTS (in a really good way you will see why :) and he is an amazing Cruise Director!!! ENJOY HIM WE DID!!!!

It is def. confirmed that Richard Spacey is the Cruise Director now as of March 9th, that was his first saling replacing Jimmy Rhodes, I just came off the 3/9-3/19 Cruise and it was Richard I have pics with him!!

If your cruising on the Explorer Richard is NUTS (in a really good way you will see why :) and he is an amazing Cruise Director!!! ENJOY HIM WE DID!!!!

Do you know how long he is supposed to be on the Explorer? We will be there in 3 weeks. How was your cruise? Give us all the details! :D

Loralie

• 8 months later...

Archived