Ruby has Noro again....

mikew40

If it made you feel better that is great but it was a wasted effort. The amount of time you spent in your room was minimum plus the room was compomised the first time you re-entered after walking around the ship. If you were exposed to the virus it was from a banister, at the food court, in the elevator, from the person sitting next to you at a show, in the airport, in the terminal, etc, etc, etc. Like I just posted, the key is simple common sense with an eye on relaxing and having fun. I was on the Crown the first cruise after the "cruise to nowhere". I didn't do anything differently on this cruise than I did on any of the others.

Yes...it made me feel better

Our trip on the Ruby is 04/15. I'm not too worried about this, but would like to be prepared and smart about this. I have been reading where Lysol Disinfectant Spray (not wipes) works for Norovirus as well. They have a small bottle and I think it is called Lysol to go - so I think I will pick up a bottle of this as well as some Wet Ones just to be safe and prepared.

Just got back from our Ruby Cruise and I must say the staff was fantastic at keeping everyone informed, and keeping the virus from running rampant throughout the ship. The ship was constantly being cleaned and the public areas, with all of the cleaning, were probabally more clean than when we got on board. Also everyone in our party noticed the marked increase in water temperature in the bathrooms after the outbreak occured, which helped prevent further spreading of the virus.

I feel bad for those who got ill, but the vast majority of the ship looked like they had a good time. Dining areas, public areas, and showrooms were all packed every night of the cruise.

Hats off to princess, and remember to wash those hands, and keep them away from your eyes and mouth.

My brother is on Ruby now, is their Noro now. He sailed 3/5/12. We were on the Grand and they had a few instances, plus, there are so many people who don't cover their mouths when they cough @ the buffet or in the elevator. EWWWWWWW. Haven't they watched Dr. Oz!

Just so you know, after doing investigating, Lysol wipes do not kill noro virus. You have to get Lysol III spray or use bleach. Check CDC. I cleaned our entire room, and I mean entire and we still got colds from people who cough all over you in th elevator without covering their mouth

... have you ever had NORO?

Yes. January 7th, 2012, about 2AM. 5 people out of a party of 20 who had eaten at a tapas restaurant on January 5th were sicker than dogs. We had nothing else in common - didn't eat together, work together, etc. The only commonality was the tapas place.

DW and I used Veripur hand sanitizer and also washed our hands like we had OCD. We did not touch handrails or elevator buttons. We did not get sick. Perhaps my earlier bout with Noro gave me some limited immunity, but I doubt it. (See the CDC blurb.)

Archived