Back from Elation 2/25 to 3/1

We are back! We had a wonderful time, but it feels good to be home as well, in spite of mount laundry! That was the longest debarkation process EVER I do believe! We were finally called to begin getting off the ship at around 11 a.m., stood in line to "check out" of the ship, then stood in line forever in the heat to get our suitcases, then stood in line another eternity to go through customs, made it to the car and out by around 1 p.m. We stopped at the first Slidell exit for a potty break and even though I had to go so bad the last hour of standing in line, I was too dead tired (asleep) in the car to wake up & use the facilities, and slept the entire way home. (We only live about an hour from New Orleans depending on traffic, thank goodness!)

I haven't gotten my land legs yet and the girls are definitely not going to their dance class tonight as we just can't handle it right now. We need a vacation from our vacation now! LOL! Welcome back to reality! Oh and poor Katie spent 2/3 of Sunday seasick - miserably so! The pills didn't stay down, so I bought her those wristbands (like seabands) and she was fine the rest of the trip. The ruins were neat to see, had fun swimming in the cenote (sinkhole) and the dolphins were absolutely amazing, as was the snorkeling! Pics & more details to come later! Tons to do now. It's amazing how green the grass grew over the last 5 days, by the way. We came back to 82 degree weather here!

Any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your vacation (and good luck tackling the laundry mountain)!

Where did you do the dolphins? I've been looking at the swim at chankanaab as a surprise for Mim and Dad, but I don't want to book it through Carnival.

We always carry our lugguage off so we are always one of the first ones off. Obviously you'll let the ship take your lugguage and waited for your deck to be called for debarkation. I never knew how long it took for the rest of the passengers to get off. Was your wait that abnorbally long and do you know why? We are scheduled for a cruise in April.

Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your vacation (and good luck tackling the laundry mountain)!

Where did you do the dolphins? I've been looking at the swim at chankanaab as a surprise for Mim and Dad, but I don't want to book it through Carnival.

Just make sure that you don't tell Chank that you are arriving on a Carnival ship - something about an exclusive agreemen

Glad to hear you had a good cruise! I am traveling with a group of women on the Elation in October. Other than the primary shows, Just Rock and Win, I believe, what other evening entertainment was available? Comedy shows? Love & Marriage? I don't think we are going to be bar hopping, dancing in the disco, or singing karaoke all night. Just curious as to what some other evening options will be following our 6pm dinner. Thanks!

We went to Chankanaab. We just did the encounter, but it was wonderful!

We always carry our lugguage off so we are always one of the first ones off. Obviously you'll let the ship take your lugguage and waited for your deck to be called for debarkation. I never knew how long it took for the rest of the passengers to get off. Was your wait that abnorbally long and do you know why? We are scheduled for a cruise in April.

Apparently it was abnormally long but I'm not sure why. I heard rumors that someone was caught trying to smuggle something in.

Glad to hear you had a good cruise! I am traveling with a group of women on the Elation in October. Other than the primary shows, Just Rock and Win, I believe, what other evening entertainment was available? Comedy shows? Love & Marriage? I don't think we are going to be bar hopping, dancing in the disco, or singing karaoke all night. Just curious as to what some other evening options will be following our 6pm dinner. Thanks!

We went to the marriage show & a comedy show. We didn't do a whole lot of evening entertainment, although there was definitely a lot to choose from. We had kids so it was early to bed some nights.

Archived