Take ship towel with you to the beach?

tasha4860

okay, this may be a stupid question - but do most people take their own beach towels from home or take one from the cruise when they head off for a beach excursion? I realize all cruise towels are accounted for and charged to your room if not returned...

okay, this may be a stupid question - but do most people take their own beach towels from home or take one from the cruise when they head off for a beach excursion? I realize all cruise towels are accounted for and charged to your room if not returned...

Most people take ship towels and return them when back onboard ship.

We never take our own towels (too much weight & space in my luggage!). The Carnival beach towels are wonderful, and we have always taken them ashore with us. Just make sure you don't lose them or anything as they "say" they will charge you for it. The room steward will replace your wet or dirty beach towels with clean ones.

We take light weight beach towels with us as on our 1st cruise taxi driver said... please put your towel on the seat so next person doesn't have to sit in wet spot LMAO when we piled out of taxi... my towel became seat cover for taxi:mad: our room steward was very kind about it.:)

Last year on one of our cruises my husband left his towel on a chair at the Margaritaville in Grand Turk. We told the cabin steward and he said "Oh, we get those back from Magaritaville, so it's okay".

I never forget my ship's towel. That's the only time he ever left a towel anywhere. If he does it again and we get charged for it, it serves him right. :D

To OP:

In case you didn't know - you arent taking a towel from the bathroom. Carnival gives you a large Pool/Beach towel to use.

The very nice thing about using that is that your room steward will exchange it for you once it is used, so you will have a fresh clean pool/beach towel every day.

We never take our own towels (too much weight & space in my luggage!). The Carnival beach towels are wonderful, and we have always taken them ashore with us. Just make sure you don't lose them or anything as they "say" they will charge you for it. The room steward will replace your wet or dirty beach towels with clean ones.

Bingo! But I'll repeat, don't lose them! :p

Archived