If ill on board

Hi guys, can you tell me what happens if you are ill on board i.e. sea sick or maybe something else requiring a visit to the Dr. Do you pay cash or is it charged to your onboard account. Would they charge you for sea sickness pills?

We are travelling on Island Escape.

Hi guys, can you tell me what happens if you are ill on board i.e. sea sick or maybe something else requiring a visit to the Dr. Do you pay cash or is it charged to your onboard account. Would they charge you for sea sickness pills?

We are travelling on Island Escape.

Charged to on board account.In my case heart failure, luckily I was in dock and the Dr, although obviously more used to doling out quell's , acted quickly on getting me hospitalised and Thomson's were brilliant.At that point I wasn't much bothered whether I paid in cash or coffee beans to be honest:)

One word of advice to anyone that is not feeling well (stomach wise) during a cruise - be aware that if you do go to the onboard doctor, you could well find yourself, and your partner/party, confined to your cabin for at least 48 hours :eek:

Always use the hand sanitisers and don't be afraid to point out to anyone who doesn't use them why they are there :rolleyes:

Sucking either ginger, lemon slices or green apple slices will all help combat seasickness as indeed will drinking ginger ale :)

I used to swear by vodka and bitter lemon but I don't think you can get bitter lemon any moreicon10.gificon10.gificon10.gif

Thanks for your replies. Never cruised before so I think we'll take some medication to be on the safe side. Is there a brand you recommend? I think I may try a vodka & tonic with a slice of lemon :D

Keith it's good to know they looked after you when you needed it.

Thanks for your replies. Never cruised before so I think we'll take some medication to be on the safe side. Is there a brand you recommend? I think I may try a vodka & tonic with a slice of lemon :D

Keith it's good to know they looked after you when you needed it.

the two well known tablets are Stugeron and TravelEeeze. I use traveleeze because they are strawberry flavoured and chewy. You can also take them when you start to feel sick rather than before.

One word of advice to anyone that is not feeling well (stomach wise) during a cruise - be aware that if you do go to the onboard doctor, you could well find yourself, and your partner/party, confined to your cabin for at least 48 hours :eek:

Always use the hand sanitisers and don't be afraid to point out to anyone who doesn't use them why they are there :rolleyes:

Any treatment you might require for an upset stomach is free of charge from the onboard doctor as far as I know.

Carol x

I also recommend wearing those acupuncture travel bands - Boots have them, as do Poundland, Home Bargains etc.

We were on IE around the time when Madeira had that terrible mud-slide. We left Lanzarote because it had become unsafe to be berthed in the harbour and set out into force 10 winds - gulp. Twas a bit choppy to say the least but with ginger ale,Traveleeze and travel bands on, we survived and had a great time despite the weather.

Archived