Vista Suite on Nautica

kywhiskey

Trying to decide between a Penthouse or Vista Suite on a Baltic Cruise on Nautica. Would like the Vista but worried about being in the very front of the ship and having much more motion than a mid ship penthouse suite. Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in a Vista Suite on Nautica to hear if you felt alot of motion and in general if you liked the suite. Thank you, Jeff

Trying to decide between a Penthouse or Vista Suite on a Baltic Cruise on Nautica. Would like the Vista but worried about being in the very front of the ship and having much more motion than a mid ship penthouse suite. Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in a Vista Suite on Nautica to hear if you felt alot of motion and in general if you liked the suite. Thank you, Jeff

The Vista and balcony are wonderful but the noise from docking operations in every port and the severe motion, with any degree of higher seas than normal, have moved us to the rear of the ship. I have not mentioned the band noise from below deck 6 most afternoons and evenings because many on this board do not seem to hear it. It did however bother us.

Whichever suite you book you'll be happy because your on an Oceania cruise. Enjoy!:)

On the R ships, which include the Nautica, a Vista Suite is always our first choice.

134149.jpg They are such larger Suites than a Penthouse that there is really no comparison.

134847.jpg Aside from the amazing rooms, the veranda and views are incomparable.

231442.jpg The forward view (some might say "vista") is stunning, particularly when entering or leaving port.

Being so far forward might be a motion concern on some itineraries, but the Baltic Route is usually fairly calm in Summer. On a port intensive itinerary like that you will be thrilled with a Vista Suite. Have a cocktail party at Sail-Away, and you'll be a hero among your guests. ;)

Some passengers have reported that they could hear music and/or vibrations from the Main Lounge in their Vista Suite. I have never noticed it, although we have had the Vista on Deck 6 more than once. Try booking a higher deck if you think you might be bothered.

You should also note that the Vista Suites are VERY close to the Anchors, and so when they are lowered, you hear it in SENSAROUND, it is VERY loud, and usually happens early in the morning, but it is over in 30 seconds.

Hope that this helped, enjoy your cruise in whichever cabin you choose. :D

Our experience on a Vista (we were on Insignia) is a little different from Orchestrapal's in terms of noise -- we never heard any band noise that I can recall, but we were awakened in the morning by docking noises. (We just turned over and went back to sleep but some people may be more bothered by the noise than we were.)

We did encounter some rough seas on occasion but that can depend on your itinerary and the weather. Where we had occasional problems was going from Iceland to Dublin, for example. Theoretically a mid-ships PH will have less motion than the Vista which is bang at the front of the ship, but this is often a matter of personal sensibility. I tend to be sensitive to motion, my husband isn't at all. Even so, I didn't REALLY suffer!

From a space consideration, it is night and day between the Vista and a PH.

Mura

Archived