Dawn is OLD news

picruiser

It's hard to believe the Grandeur will be operational anytime soon if we're to believe the initial reports that the gash is 45 feet long x 6 feet high and clear through the hull. A CCer onboard reported that you could see right through the hole into the ship. Fortunately, no one was injured when the ship crashed into the pier.

Not a word in the press. That is much worse then a couple of broken windows on decks 9&10. I forgot that ship was not headed for NYC the media capital.

do you forget that the metro area is infested with sharks..of course the sharks that stand outside a cruise ship with drool coming out of their mouths waiting for the first passengers to run up to them with bogus stories of their lives ruined.

i don't see how this ship can be up and ready to depart soon. they're going to need to bring a different ship in or have some kind of plan to handle this. :eek:

now compare that to this beautiful picture from the dawn. :D

fullsize.jpg.0eaf158df6da703bf69dd26134186e57.jpg

Not a word in the press.

Did you notice in the ongoing thread on the RCI board that a journalist from a Houston tv station is already soliciting passengers onboard for their stories? Can we guess whether the spin will be positive or negative?

This picture gives you a good view from above.

http://72.3.135.188/forums/download.php/67,701/Dscf1171.jpg

Once this gets played up in the media, on the heels of the Dawn incident, cruising will get a temporary blackeye, at least in the eyes of casual observers.

Doubt it! People forget quickly and yes the die hard cruise fan will remember this but it will not deter the loyalist from cruising, but your casual or first time cruiser will not even remember the name of the ship and cruise line in a weeks time.

I did say "temporary" blackeye. I agree that most people will not remember the specifics of the incident (name of ship, name of cruise line, etc.) but the general impression will be that cruising isn't safe.

I like the part of this story that says that if passengers have the extra vacation time, they can wait it out and return to New Orleans when the ship is able to get back. If you're flexible, you could maybe hang out indefnitely using the ship as your hotel. ;)

This on the heals of the Dawn. I am waiting for the 20/20 Special Report

Cruise at Your Own Risk

They can add the bedbugs from RCL and the Carnival ship that cruised to nowhere for 2 weeks in a row with one engine, Just imagine if the other had failed - TRADGEDY AT SEA.

Get some footage from last years Hurracaines. Throw in that video from the QM2 with the wave covering the bar window.

Hey they could throw in the POAM sinking at the pier. Unsafe at any speed :eek:

Ratings I smell ratings :D

To add a little more humor - sadly missing here as of late. Everyone always posts to make sure you bring duct tape. That hole could be fixed it every passsenger had remembered their tape.

Duct tape the only product with as many uses as Windex :D

RCCL thread... only one thread so far, within 24 hours, 303 responses & 30,510 views.

That has got to be a record!!!!

(Sorry, statistics is part of my lifestyle)

36,277 views for Live and limping on the Dawn. 20,000 more then any other post on the NCL Board ever. There were 700+ online when I checked for a board that never has over a hundred. Most times less then 50.

Buy the way the second most is on the same subject with 14,151.

Still in the top ten are several more on the Wave with 40,000 total views.

Almost a 100,000 views

Okay shoreguy...

I'm used to trading stats & bickering with the home office (please don't get me wrong.... all CC's are my friends & I don't mean to insult you all & put you in the same category as the HO people :) actually, you guys are my relief away from them!!! )....

anyway... I haven't counted all the different ncl threads & if we average them, still not be able able to get more thatn # of responses per thread within the last 26 hours.

hehehehehe.....

36,277 views for Live and limping on the Dawn. 20,000 more then any other post on the NCL Board ever. There were 700+ online when I checked for a board that never has over a hundred. Most times less then 50.

Buy the way the second most is on the same subject with 14,151.

Still in the top ten are several more on the Wave with 40,000 total views.

Almost a 100,000 views

Ok, Shoreguy, are you a statistician?

I had so much trouble trying to get on the boards the past few days. The numbers, WOW! Explains it all.

Oh, NBC just came on with "Did a cruise ship compromise safety of passengers for a TV show"? It's Thursday...give it up already!!!

Another slow news week.

Think I'll email them the RC story. Oh by the way, Grandeur passengers received $250.00 per stateroom compensation. No 50% of anything here.

Archived