Paying for excursions

april47

The excursions for my cruise aren't listed yet but I have a question. If I book them on line at the Carnival site before the cruise will it just be added to my bill or do I pay then? If I pay right away, can it be refunded if I cancel? I'm paying on my cruise a little at a time and wanted to know how this works. I can't remember from my prior cruises. Forgetful as I get older I guess. :D

Hi April,

You will pay in full at the time of online booking. Then, if you need to cancel you will have 24 hours prior to sailing date to do so. Refunds will be made back to original credit card.

If it is 24 hours or less from sail date, you will need to wait until getting on board in order to cancel or make changes at the excursion desk. Any refunds at that time will be made to the Sail and Sign account, not the original credit card used to secure the online order.

Keep in mind that once onboard, cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation charge. And if you are within 24 hours of arrival in port where you would have gone on that excursion- it is non-refundable. (only if the tour operator or carnival themselves cancel would you get any money back at that time.)

Clear as mud, right? :)

Enjoy your cruise!!

The excursions for my cruise aren't listed yet but I have a question. If I book them on line at the Carnival site before the cruise will it just be added to my bill or do I pay then? If I pay right away, can it be refunded if I cancel? I'm paying on my cruise a little at a time and wanted to know how this works. I can't remember from my prior cruises. Forgetful as I get older I guess. :D

You have to pay at the time of booking. Should you need to cancel you can do so without penalty as long as you cancel prior to 11:30 PM the night before the ship's departure...

:)

Is it still true that if you book the skyride at Paradise Point in St Thomas that they will refund if after if you do not use it?

I'm not sure, but many of the recent reviews I have read about St.Thomas (already planning my next cruise and want to hit that port!) mentioned just walking up to the sky tram and buying a ticket at that time- no need to pre-purchase...

If you aren't sure if you will head up the mountain that day, you may have to wait in line to buy your tickets but I am pretty sure you can just buy at that time. :)

I realize you can buy them there, but like to buy as much as possible ahead of time.

Then I can't imagine that you would be refunded if you did not use the tickets. I suppose it is treated just like any other excursion- if you don't show up (or in this case use your tickets), you forfeit your $$.

Sorry...:(

Then I can't imagine that you would be refunded if you did not use the tickets. I suppose it is treated just like any other excursion- if you don't show up (or in this case use your tickets), you forfeit your $$.

Sorry...:(

From recent posts on St. Thomas board, people have said you do get a refund if not used. Seems strange to me.

From recent posts on St. Thomas board, people have said you do get a refund if not used. Seems strange to me.

Ok, thanks Mr. Payroll!

Well, there you go jmcancruise- looks like you will get refunded. It does seem strange to me also...

Take care,

Diana :)

Archived