Time to Explore after Las Caletas tour?

CurlyCali8

Hi...I'm planning on booking the Las Caletas excursion through Carnival. It seems to take about 6 hours, according to the write-up.

My question is: will there be any time left to explore PV afterward? The pictures posted here on CC of the Malecon area look very interesting! Would that be possible time-wise, or am I just packing too much into one day? (Also, will have my 2 kids, ages 7 & 10 along.)

Thanks! :)

Hi...I'm planning on booking the Las Caletas excursion through Carnival. It seems to take about 6 hours, according to the write-up.

My question is: will there be any time left to explore PV afterward? The pictures posted here on CC of the Malecon area look very interesting! Would that be possible time-wise, or am I just packing too much into one day? (Also, will have my 2 kids, ages 7 & 10 along.)

Thanks! :)

Are you talking about the beach day tour or the night Rythm tour? If it's the day tour you should have plenty of time to explore PV afterward since you don't have to be back on the ship until 8:30. If its the Rhythm of the Night tour, you won't have anytime afterward as the ship will be waiting to pull away as soon as that tour boards the ship.

Since the Splendor usually leaves at 9 p.m. you will find a few hours to go to the Malecon. Most Caletas tours are back around 4 or 4.30 p.m.

By cab it will be a drive of about 15 minutes, by bus a little longer.

Various restaurants around there to have diner, most of them on the 2nd floor with great view over the Malecon and the ocean.

Or walk/go further south to Playa Los muertes and have diner at the beach.

Thanks for info! I have a feeling that my family will be tired & sandy after Las Caletas and might not want to jump into a taxi to go sight-see. But who knows....at least now I have a better handle on the timeframe.

Maybe it should be 2 days in PV and just 1 in Cabo!

Thanks for info! I have a feeling that my family will be tired & sandy after Las Caletas and might not want to jump into a taxi to go sight-see. But who knows....at least now I have a better handle on the timeframe.

es

Is doesnot have to be sight-seeing. Ask the cabdriver for a restaurant like La Chatta or La Paloma, both on the corner of Malecon and a sidestreet, right on the Malecon, the cab can get next to the restaurant. Both are on the 2nd floor with great view over the Malecon and the ocean. Great sunsets!

I agree with you. Las Caletas is wonderful but it is a long day. Even with a few hours to still explore the Malecon I think you would be rushed and not really get that great of an experience seeing the Malecon plus it is better seen during the day for the first time when you can enjoy the oceanview, statues, etc

I think a second cruise would be a good idea!:D

If you want to go back into town (from the port) you can either grab any bus that has "Centro" in their window (going towards your right with the ship at your back) for 6.5 pesos per person. Or, you could simply grab a taxi (go outside the port and get a yellow taxi) which will cost about $6 (pay in Pesos) and get you there faster then the bus (10-15 min).

Hank

Archived