Made it thru the Tornados....come on Cruise!!!

w4kry

So glad to hear it! My family survived an F4 tornado that hit our city back in 1985. Very scary.

Prayers go out to everyone who has suffered losses.

We are cruising March 11th and will be driving through some of the states that were hit. Hopefully the weather settles down by Friday:)

You definitely need your cruise to hurry up and get here!

Cheers,

Liz

Yeah we survived it to. I've never really been scared of storms but last night I was scared sh@tless. It was so loud at one point, my wife was in the basement with our pets in the half bath . My yard had so much hail in it ,it looked like snow. I was looking out the basement door waiting on it, I guess I didn't want to be blindsided I want to see it coming, I'm glad I didn't see it.

Yeah we survived it to. I've never really been scared of storms but last night I was scared sh@tless. It was so loud at one point, my wife was in the basement with our pets in the half bath . My yard had so much hail in it ,it looked like snow. I was looking out the basement door waiting on it, I guess I didn't want to be blindsided I want to see it coming, I'm glad I didn't see it.

Where are you? I am in Harrison, TN, the tornados touched down all around us. I am so thankful that we were spared. My community is a wreck.

Y4kry: I'm outside of Nashville. We made it through okay. You're closer to Chattanooga aren't you? Seems like your area got hit - at least that's what I'm thinking I remember on the news. So many states involved.

Beautiful morning out now though.

Yes I am in the Chattanooga area. My community was hit hard, the marina is completely gone and several homes in the area were destroyed. But so thankful no one was seriously hurt. Material things can be replaced.

I'm south of Nashville, but work there. I left work about 45 minutes early, thank goodness! Listening to the news on the radio, you could actually hear the hail coming through the speakers:eek: I thought I was out of danger, only to find another tornado in southern Maury/northern Lawerence....where I live!

I sail in two weeks (from today!) and so need this cruise....

Glad everyone is doing okay on the boards here. I know that I never used to worry too much about tornados but they seem to be more intense now.

I cruise in a little over a week. Looking forward to just kicking back & enjoying myself.

I'm south of Nashville, but work there. I left work about 45 minutes early, thank goodness! Listening to the news on the radio, you could actually hear the hail coming through the speakers:eek: I thought I was out of danger, only to find another tornado in southern Maury/northern Lawerence....where I live!

I sail in two weeks (from today!) and so need this cruise....

I'm in Williamson County. I heard the hail too, it was channel 2. You could hear it hitting the news station. Glad yall made it through okay. We ship out in 4 days (Yay!) so I'm headed to Cool Springs for some last minute shopping! :D

I live in Bedford county. We didn't have the tornados, thank God, but we did have hail like crazy. We closed schools at 11:30 yesterday, too, to get the kids home before the storms hit. Good call.

Hope everyone is safe and the storms are gone.

I am in So Ind. Really frightening around here. 13 dead. We were not touched but sooo much devastation close by. Wish our cruise was closer--7 months away then b2b. Trying to find a good cruise to Hawaii for 2013

Glad you are safe!

So sorry to hear this....my heart goes out to those families

Glad to hear everyone made it through ok. I went to my MOS school for the Army @ Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Al and I was watching the devastation the storms caused on tv. I feel so lucky that after 1 year in Al and 3 more in Central Tx with the Army, that I never had to live through anything like that. My thoughts are with everyone affected.

Glad to hear you are all safe. My son is with the Red Cross so he has really been keeping a eye on everything. He is at our local chapter right now putting all his people on alert because Traverse City and nearby counties are without elec. due to snowstorm during the night. The weather has been crazy lately. Stay safe everyone.

From Knoxville here - the sky looked like a fireworks show last night. Don't think I've been that nervous with storms in this area before. Communities nearby got hit, my area okay, just a bunch of limbs down. My son is in Cookeville at Tennessee Tech, they got alerted and sent to shelters 2-3 times yesterday :eek: but all students okay. All you sailing soon - Enjoy! I've got til October to wait, but looking forward to Halloween on the Legend :D

Glad to hear everyone made it through ok. I went to my MOS school for the Army @ Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Al and I was watching the devastation the storms caused on tv. I feel so lucky that after 1 year in Al and 3 more in Central Tx with the Army, that I never had to live through anything like that. My thoughts are with everyone affected.

I am originally from Huntsville and my family is still there....I called as soon as I heard one touched down there. Thankfully, they are all okay.

The one on wed morning was really scary for us! As it came within a mile of us. We are from Newburgh ;) the one yesterday had me really scared after the wed morning one!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2phjne

Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It did come very close to you. Our weather sirens went off at 5 a.m. on Wednesday morning but we never lost power. That tornado came within 300 yards of my brother's house in Elizabethtown. Also, in Hodgenville, where my mother resides in a nursing home, the tornado hit 3/4 of a mile away. THEN I started getting all the texts, emails, and calls from the University of Kentucky saying "Seek Shelter Immediately." Couldn't get a hold of my daughter up there. All were fine. Yesterday's storm was something else -- the skies were just so strange looking and the color of the sky too. Can't believe the pictures I have seen including the one from the security camera as the tornado was going over Harrisburg. Our family is in Eastern Kentucky but all are OK.

We live in Burnside, Kentucky along Lake Cumberland. We had strong winds and heavy rain yesterday morning, but last night we were under tornado warnings but we only had strong winds and very little rain. There were some very tense moments , but we were spared the tornadoes, they went just north and some east of us. Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone.

just got home from driving around the neighborhood. My heart breaks to see the damages. I am so thankful that no one was killed, some minor injuries, and a lot of homes destroyed. Once again, I am so thankful that my family and friends are all safe.

Archived