Made it thru the Tornados....come on Cruise!!!

w4kry

We live in Burnside, Kentucky along Lake Cumberland. We had strong winds and heavy rain yesterday morning, but last night we were under tornado warnings but we only had strong winds and very little rain. There were some very tense moments , but we were spared the tornadoes, they went just north and some east of us. Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone.

I think you are pretty close to Somerset, right? There was a picture showing the tornado.

Yes, we are right south of Somerset. The tornado never actually touched down thankfully. My daughter and her family do live in Somerset and they we in their basement waiting for it to pass. There was a cat 3 or 4 that touched down just a few miles east of us though and it pretty much wiped out the whole town. Such devastation.

Although I was in the path of the storms both days last week, I didn't have any damage. I did see some trees in my area twisted off...probably a micro-burst or something and there was some major damage about 20 miles from me on Wed.

But NOW there are warnings out for snow tonight! An Alberta Clipper is dipping down right into the areas hardest hit on Friday.

Our weather has been crazy hasn't it? 70's and tornados on Friday and now snow tonight?? bring on the cruises!!!

Although I was in the path of the storms both days last week, I didn't have any damage. I did see some trees in my area twisted off...probably a micro-burst or something and there was some major damage about 20 miles from me on Wed.

But NOW there are warnings out for snow tonight! An Alberta Clipper is dipping down right into the areas hardest hit on Friday.

Archived