Ecstasy excursions

SCR

My first cruise in in 58 days. Haven't gotten my docs yet. I booked on line with Carnival. Is that usual?

Has anyone been on the Ecstasy? Any recommendations for things to do on the ship? Places to go and not to go?

There are not alot of excursions listed for the Cozumel day (longest day) so I was thinking of trying "resort" scuba and parasailing there. Does anyone have any recommendations? (I have posted a previous scuba question and got response to that but I was wondering if there was anyplace that I could get hooked up with both)

For the Playa Del Carmen day, I was thinking of doing the Carnival "Tulum & Xel-Ha" excursion. Has anyone been on this?

I have read many of the posts regarding alcohol and it appears that your luggage is checked when you board so you can't bring any on board. What about at the different ports?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Check out the Cozumelinsider link. I just got on the other nite and I think I'll sign up for some of those activites. It's cheaper than goin' thru Carnival. I'm goin on 6/13 w/15-yr old son... Is that your cruise?? ... This forum has been VERY helpful to say the least!

We were on the Ecstasy a few weeks ago. In Playa del Carmen, we booked through the Internet the Fat Cat Catamaran - lots of fun, open bar (and I mean open --- they were always asking if you needed another rum punch or beer!!)

Had a great day - our kids especially enjoyed the boom net! Stopped a few different places for snorkeling - swimming - spent about 4.5 hours on the catamaran.

We spent several hours at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel - mostly snorkeling. We just took a taxi from port - about a 5 minute drive to the park - paid the $12.00 park entrance fee, and spent most of the day. Beautiful park, walking trails, iguanas, beach bar service - and the snorkeling was great! You can rent snorkel equipment right at the beach.

We were on Ecstasy in February and loved every moment!

ON BOARD, if you go into the Blue Sapphire Lounge anytime during the day, on the right side of the stage you'll find a door that leads to the VERY FRONT OF THE SHIP. Not many people know about this but it is a public area. Its fun to be on the front deck and see people looking over the railings of the sports deck wondering how the heck you got there! If this is your first cruise, I highly recommend taking advantage of your SCHEDULED DINNER SEATING in the main dining room. The first evening may seem a little awkward, dining with folks you've just met, but by the second night, you'll have so many stories and laughs to share with your tablemates, whoever they are. After the fifth night, you'll be sorry to have to say goodbye!

COZUMEL: We went to Paradise Beach. It's one of the closest, and the least expensive beach. I will go back one day, even if just for the guacamole! See the Ports-of-Call forums

CALICA: Went to Xcaret, swam the underground river, watched people at the dolphin swim (with envy), butterfly gardens, iguanas everywhere, it was all awesome!

HAPPY SAILING!

I love all of the positive comments and advice on the Ecstacy. We leave next Thursday, and we can't wait. This will be our first cruise with Carnival...we're really looking forward to it!

Your soo lucky,for my cruise isnt for a couple of more months:(

Let us know how it went when you return.

• 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I are cruising July2nd out of Galveston, Texas. I was glad to read some good reviews about the ship. I was really starting to wonder that it wasn't very popular. We still haven't found anyone booked for the same cruise. :p

Well, I figured out what I am doing in Cozumel! I just booked a discovery SCUBA with Eagle Ray Divers!!! I want to go parasailing when I am there too.

How many times can you get on and off the ship? Is it easy to do? Since we are in Cozumel until 10:00 I thought I might want to hop back on the ship to freshen up before hitting the town for the evening.

Where on the internet is the Fat Cat Catamaran? I'd like to know as we're going in June (see above) ... If you can find out .. Also, did you guys ever find out if u can go back on the ship and return again??

thanx

We went in April. Cozumel: We booked Eagle Ray Divers for a 2 tank day dive and a night dive. They were great. I recommend them. http://www.eagleraydivers.com

Calica: We booked the Carnival excursion to Xcaret and really enjoyed it. Check out the forum board for Calica for more advice about Calica and Xcaret. Also check out http://www.xcaret.com

Archived