BA "premier enconomy"

april47

Has anybody used British Airways "premier economy"? I know it costs more but at least there is only one of me. It will be a 9 hr fligh overseas. I am somewhat overweight and have knee problems and am worried that the flight will be miserable for me. Is there enought extra leg room to stretch out your legs compared to economy? I am 5' 7" if that is important. I see the dimensions on the BA site but wanted to hear from someone who has "been-there-done-that".

I have only flown BA Premium Economy once (They call it World Traveller Plus/WT+), and that was about 10 years ago from JFK to LHR. (All other times it has been business class).

The seats are larger/wider and there is a lot more legroom. However, BA are currently upgrading WT+ and today the new 777-300ER planes have the new WT+ cabin, and other planes have the older one, with older seats and older entertainment systems, but still a lot more room than standard economy. The rest of the planes with WT+ will be gradually upgraded.

The cost to book or upgrade to premium economy from standard economy is usually quite attractive, and in my opinion is worth it for those slightly longer flights.

Yes an additional 7" legroom and 1" additional seat width means alot on a long flight. Plus their 747 seat arrangement is 2-4-2 in premier economy and 3-4-3 in econony. Their 777 is 2-4-2 in premier economy and 3-3-3 in regular economy. So if 2 are traveling together you avoid the dreaded middle seat. We flew BA PHX-LHR, R-T twice, once in regular and once in premier economy. There is a big difference in comfort but the cost is high, so you will have to decide if you think it will be worth the extra money. The down side is seat location (second group off the plane after business class) legroom and seat size is the only benefit you get over regular economy. We think its worth it. I'm 5'11" and the wife is 5' 4".

P.S. I hate the middle seat problem so we booked the regular economy BA 747 flight and paid extra for early seat selection so we could select one of the last few rows in ecomomy where the back of plane narrows down to 2-4-2 seating. See seatguru.com for seat layout and dimension info on all airlines.

P.S. I hate the middle seat problem so we booked the regular economy BA 747 flight and paid extra for early seat selection so we could select one of the last few rows in ecomomy where the back of plane narrows down to 2-4-2 seating. See seatguru.com for seat layout and dimension info on all airlines.

This is exactly what I did for our flights to LAX last May on BA, and what we are doing again this May for the same flight back from LHR on BA. The seat next to the window has a lot of extra room to the side, so your "stuff" can go there during the flight. Hubby is 6'1", and I am almost 5'7", and we were pretty comfortable.

Another thing I tried last time was to massage arnica gel into my ankles and knees several times during the flight. It really helped the swelling. I got a big tube of it for $10 at GNC.

much on them, and 5,,8,,so MUST upgrade to Business,,know its very expensive,,but I too have leg problems and not worth the pain and physical probs.if I dont fly Business...so google photo of seats,,have quite a few websites that show ACTUAL seat along with comments..Again,,,go for Business,,IF YOU CAN>..good luck.;)

We flew on World Traveler+ once and really enjoyed the extra legroom. It seemed to make quite a bit of difference for us. Hubby is 5"11" and did well on it. I do want to say that the price is not cheap! We were able to book it with miles and will be flying this class again in June.:D

I have recently returned from Orlando on BA in WT+. This was the most uncomfortable flight , leg room was fine but the 'tables' were in the arm rests and made the seats ever narrower than economy.

Check the type of aircraft being used on your routing

I have recently returned from Orlando on BA in WT+. This was the most uncomfortable flight , leg room was fine but the 'tables' were in the arm rests and made the seats ever narrower than economy.

Check the type of aircraft being used on your routing

Good point. If you chose a bulkhead seat, the width of the seat will be reduced, due to the tray table being in the arm rest.

It's a good idea to check your seats, using a site such as seatguru, to avoid these types of surprises.

Good point. If you chose a bulkhead seat, the width of the seat will be reduced, due to the tray table being in the arm rest.

It's a good idea to check your seats, using a site such as seatguru, to avoid these types of surprises.

I wasn't in the bulkhead seat, but took WT+ from London, and had a very narrow seat (and I am not particularly heavy). There was some sort of equipment in the armrest area, although not a table. Not particularly pleasant, but at 5'8, the extra leg room was nice.

I went back into economy to go to the bathroom, and from the looks of it, wouldn't want to sit there! Very, very crowded.

Archived