Questions about taking an infant onboard

shebring02lx

You will need a letter from your husband to take your baby. I needed a letter when I took my nieces(ages 13 and 15) on a cruise a few years back. It had to be signed by both parents and notarized. It is for the protection of the kid. There are so many instances of parental child napping that everyone needs to be vigilant in protecting children.

Have a great cruise and try to get some rest yourself. You'll need it.

We took my son on Eclipse last September when he was 8 months old. We all had a wonderful time. We also took a duck bath which worked well - used an ice bucket to fill it up from the sink in the bathroom.

The best thing we took was the kidco Go-Pod - we had it set up on the balcony and in the room and it kept DS out of mischief and amused for hours.

Have a wonderful cruise

You will need a letter from your husband to take your baby. I needed a letter when I took my nieces(ages 13 and 15) on a cruise a few years back. It had to be signed by both parents and notarized. It is for the protection of the kid. There are so many instances of parental child napping that everyone needs to be vigilant in protecting children.

Have a great cruise and try to get some rest yourself. You'll need it.

Well I am SO happy that someone here was able to tell me about this since Celebrity failed to mention this upon booking! I would have been livid if I got turned away at the pier because I didn't have this letter, afterall, I am her MOTHER - it's not like Im taking a friends child on a cruise with me! Do I hand carry this or do I need to fax this in to celebrity as well?!

Did they tell you that your DD needs a passport? (You might have known this already.)

No, they said passports are recommended but not required. They told me all I would need for her is her birth certificate and her social security card.

I am still baffled that they failed to mention that I would need a notarized letter from my husband - I understand WHY they do it - I just don't understand WHY they didnt mention it. Im glad he won't be deployed at the time of this cruise - it would be quiet hard to get a notarized letter when he's under the water! Unless my power of attorney would do, in that instance?

Archived