alchoholic beverage waiver on Carnival?

lizjoemom

A couple of years ago, my family went on an NCL cruise to Bermuda and while onboard, my brother was able to fill out an alchoholic beverage waiver for his son who was 20 years old so that he could order beer or wine while onboard. My question is, does Carnival have such a policy? My DD will be close to 21 when we cruise in August and was looking forward to being able to have a drink but when I looked on Carnival's website, there was no indication of any such policy.

Does anyone else have any info regarding this?

I don't believe Carnival has a waiver like that. Your age is linked to your sail & sign card so when they scan it to pay for the drink they'll know you can't purchase alcohol bc you're not 21.

I hated that time when you're so close to 21 but not quite there yet. It sucks. I felt like drinks were everywhere and just out of my reach.

I don't believe Carnival has a waiver like that. Your age is linked to your sail & sign card so when they scan it to pay for the drink they'll know you can't purchase alcohol bc you're not 21.

I hated that time when you're so close to 21 but not quite there yet. It sucks. I felt like drinks were everywhere and just out of my reach.

Especially since your too old for the kids clubs, but yet too young for the nightclubs, it really does suck.

On our last cruise we had one in our party in this situation. The rule is enforced at the point of purchase : and if behaving reasonably where the "cocktail " goes after purchase is not. On shore it seems no cares, to our surprise, even in the US. Wine with dinner has been served with out question on every trip. I don't know how the "kids" would fare if not with us GROWN UPS -W-

On our last cruise we had one in our party in this situation. The rule is enforced at the point of purchase : and if behaving reasonably where the "cocktail " goes after purchase is not. On shore it seems no cares, to our surprise, even in the US. Wine with dinner has been served with out question on every trip. I don't know how the "kids" would fare if not with us GROWN UPS -W-

We had discussed this, but if they catch us can we get kicked off the ship or do they just give you a warning. It doesn't help that she looks really young too. Which she will really appreciate when she older, not so much now.:D

If you want her to have a drink, do so in port. What did she do last cruise? I don't know how harsh the punishment would be if she or you got caught providing alcohol to someone underage. What if she's not caught with it but gets sick from it? I've always been told they go by the same rules as in the US port. To you she's "almost there" to others she's still underage. To me, breaking a law is breaking a law. I wouldn't risk it.

We had discussed this, but if they catch us can we get kicked off the ship or do they just give you a warning. It doesn't help that she looks really young too. Which she will really appreciate when she older, not so much now.:D

Let me ease your mind. As long as your kid isn't acting like a douche, or puking all over everyone nobody will care that he/she is drinking, and as long as he/she doesn't show off his/her S&S card to a bartender (you buy the drinks) nobody will ask if he/she isn't 21.

I was 20 on my last Carnival cruise and while they do not offer any waiver a parent can sign, they do not care if you are underage and drinking. I mean, I guess they might say something if you are very young, but my parents would buy me a drink a day and I was never asked if I was of age. They just care that you are of age when you purchase the drink.

If you want her to have a drink, do so in port. What did she do last cruise? I don't know how harsh the punishment would be if she or you got caught providing alcohol to someone underage. What if she's not caught with it but gets sick from it? I've always been told they go by the same rules as in the US port. To you she's "almost there" to others she's still underage. To me, breaking a law is breaking a law. I wouldn't risk it.

To be accurate, you would be breaking a rule not a law. There is no law on the open seas about drinking age.

You are the parent and if your daughter is a responsible person and YOU PERMIT her to have a drink or two, I don't see a problem as long as you purchase it and give it to her,

Good Luck with YOUR choice. Can't say for sure but Carnival would probably ask you to not give her one, before any other consequences. JMHO

Thanks to everyone for their input, I guess that we will probably just allow her to drink when we are at the beach in port. It probably will not be a problem in the ship as long as she is just drinking some frosty drinks that you cant tell if it is a virgin or not. My DH is real big on NOT breaking rules and said that if I get caught and kicked off the ship, he will NOT be joining me! LOL!

Archived