Coming This Week : Enhancements to Celebrity Website !

Andy

So, is their website crazed or what???

Yes.

; -)

I have trolled thru it myself and find that while it runs a tad faster and hangs a bit less (guessing they added bandwidth to their servers) over all it just sucks in new AND old ways... Not much improvement at all.

Still rife with missing links and dead ends. And hidden or absent info. Still no link to that calender page. (not the one for your own travels, the one for all the itineraries)

To their credit they are trying...

Had day off and thought I would check everything out. Our up coming reservation was fine but they screwed up our cruise history they only gave us 1 point each of are last 2 cruise 1st was a C3 2nd we were in A2 called they said it should be corrected within the hour. Would advise checking if you haven't.

I am finding it is very sloooow to Login In! Anybody else?

Yes, and when you do manage to get in half the info does not display or links work. Can not book drinks package, Can not book tours, Can not book restuarants, Sorry Celebrity but this is not good enough.

I had no problems looking at all my reservation info but I couldn't get the online check in to work. First problem was we were originally supposed to go in Dec 2011 but had to resched and we had 2 occasion's saved so of course the dates were wrong because they were for the Dec. sailing but it wouldn't let me remove them so I had to call to have them fix that. Then they had my husband's bday wrong but it wouldn't save the bday change and I never could get my info to come up to verify it was correct so had to make another call. This person didn't even know how to use the new website at first but was able to get everything fixed to where all I had to do was go back in and print my xpass. So the website was easier for me to look at but couldn't accomplish what I wanted to do but everyone I ended talking to to get all my problems fixed were REALLY nice and helpful so it helped to make up for the problems.

why can't the web site post OBC's and perks that you were given by Celebrity for each cruise you've booked???? I don't want them to show me anything from my TA...but if it's coming from celebrity, show it on the summary page for the cruise.

My husband and I both have different user names and passwords. Now both of these give his name and info. I no longer exist-I am however still listed on the reservation for my upcoming cruise.

On my upcoming cruises it lists two I have already taken in the past three months. It even gives a countdown of days till I will be leaving. The number of days increases for the cruises I have already taken:rolleyes:. I'm wondering if those who have no problems with the site are people who haven't cruised recently.

I've called and they say they are working on this but it is frustrating. It has nothing to do with the browser.

A lot of varying experiences. I went in this morning to check my reservation and it had disappeared. I was able to add it back in manually but I have to call them since it no longer shows my beverage package. Sigh.

Linda

Hello All,

We apologize for the problems some of you are still experiencing on our

website. We have been implementing updates for the reported issues since our release earlier this week. For those of you that are currently having problems with our site, please call our dedicated customer service representatives at

1-800-722-5941 so that we can better understand the details around what

you're experiencing and help to resolve. Thank you.

I feel lucky. I'm new to Celebrity and haven't been on the website much until yesterday. But I spent a lot of time there yesterday doing a crash course on Xpedition cruises due to 2014 opening up. Booked cruises, canceled and rebooked until I settled on what I wanted. Edited the booking without any issues. Didn't know there where previous issues or new changes until I just saw this thread! Things seemed to work fine for me. :)

Hello All,

We apologize for the problems some of you are still experiencing on our

website. We have been implementing updates for the reported issues since our release earlier this week. For those of you that are currently having problems with our site, please call our dedicated customer service representatives at

1-800-722-5941 so that we can better understand the details around what

you're experiencing and help to resolve. Thank you.

Are X going to fix the saftey issue regarding paying on the web site? Is there no way to contact X directly by email and be able to get a answer I can trust?

I'd like to make my final payment but can no longer access my reservation. When I try to add it I get an error about internal restrictions. Tried the online chat and actually got a person for the first time ever but he referred me to the web peoples' phone number :(

No evident improvements noted for us at this point. Hoping that more to come, and they will now iron out the new "bugs".

Found a great deal on AquaClass posted for an upcoming TA sailing on the "improved" website..reservations did not see it in their system, denied it was there until I told them I was sitting in front of the computer and was not hallucinating, and would be happy to send a screen capture...Reservations then saw it on the web when we asked them to look for it on the website.

It was CLEARLY priced in the AquaClass cluster, but when brought through to "hold" it reverted to verandah guarantee...The excuse given to us by CC Supervisor Mitch was the "improved website"..And although the price was clearly advertised by X on the web as for an Aqua cabin, of course, they would not honor it. (nb., It was not like $10 per person type error, but it was a competitve rate).

Their IT people need to go, and whoever runs their illogical, borderline punitive to customers shoreside cabin assignment/pricing model operation needs to go.

Also "improved" website now has our Captain's Club credit count incorrect...becoming less and less important since we are now beginning to evaluate Oceana and Cunard as long term alternatives based on X slow but steady deterioration in food onboard and historic lack of common sense in some pricing policies, as well as a new strategy that seems to be seeking to be "all things to all people". That ususally ends you up with no one..

Asking forgiveness in advance from the Celebrity apologists, cheerleaders and Hanrahan groupies...

Have now tried to do check in on this dysfunctional web site.

Guess what? I can't...!

It says my Captains Club number is w-r-o-n-g (it's NOT, have even checked with the look up function and mail from CC). So I can't go on with the check in.

There has been so many problems with all this so I can't look forward to the cruise anymore.

Celebritys approach is to have me to spend a lot of time on the website just to realize that it won't work and that I have to spend even more time in a phone to try to solve the problems THEY have.

Do I have to say that I have got second thoughts to cruise with Celebrity again.

Have now tried to do check in on this dysfunctional web site.

Guess what? I can't...!

It says my Captains Club number is w-r-o-n-g (it's NOT, have even checked with the look up function and mail from CC). So I can't go on with the check in.

There has been so many problems with all this so I can't look forward to the cruise anymore.

Celebritys approach is to have me to spend a lot of time on the website just to realize that it won't work and that I have to spend even more time in a phone to try to solve the problems THEY have.

Do I have to say that I have got second thoughts to cruise with Celebrity again.

As frustrating as it is, (and you should not be dealing with this aggravation because of their incompetence and inability to support their own operation), maybe try again in a few hours. We have 8 future X bookings, and were trying to purchase shore excursions yesterday, but couldn't get into the reservations. Later in the day, we were able. Some of the "bugs" may be sporadic...not sure. Try to enjoy the cruise anyway...there are still many innovative and appealing aspects of the Celebrity onboard experience.

Archived