Coming This Week : Enhancements to Celebrity Website !

Andy

I don't know if this is caused by the new web site or not, but tonight I was trying to do our online check in for April 25 Infinity cruise. I am unable to print any pages. What I ended up doing is saving them to PDF using Snagit and printing the PDFs.

Also, when I got to the end of the check in, I was unable to print out or see the Xpress pass:

Xpress Pass Not Available:

Your Xpress Pass is not available at this time. Please complete the required Guest Information for the guests included on this Xpress Pass. Then return here to print it.

So, what does that mean? Will they have it on Monday do you think? They let me order luggage tags.

They have FAQ's but no FAQ answers!

Who do you contact about a Connections party? :confused:

I agree about the FAQ's

You should be able to get to the Connections party from here.

Register to attend a Connections Party (above).

Trying to access QandA on Celebrity Site. It does not work :(

Can not get Live Chat to work either :(

I believe live chat is scheduled to be available just after the US has fully paid off it's debt. It has never worked.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So X sends out a mass email asking everyone to check out their new improved web site and dont even bother addressing this issue effecting some of their most vocal customers on Cruise Critic who frequently use the Connections Party App!.. :eek:

Your application has generated an error

Please fix the issue before it has been released to production.

ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/includes/global/DefaultPageScripts.jsp': Error - tag useAttribute : attribute 'jQueryVersion' not found in context. Check tag syntax

Request that failed:

/cruisecritic/home.do

JSP that failed:

/WEB-INF/jsp/layouts/global/BookingAmendStandardLayout.jsp

Status code:

Exception:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/includes/global/DefaultPageScripts.jsp': Error - tag useAttribute : attribute 'jQueryVersion' not found in context. Check tag syntax at org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag$InsertHan dler.doEndTag(InsertTag.java(Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag.doEndTag( InsertTag.java(Inlined Compiled Code)) at com.ibm._jsp._BookingAmendStandardLayout._jspx_met h_tiles_insert_13(_BookingAmendStandardLayout.java (Compiled Code)) at com.ibm._jsp._BookingAmendStandardLayout._jspServi ce(_BookingAmendStandardLayout.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJsp Base.java(Compiled Code)) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._ doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.han dleRequest(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.servlet.GenericServletW rapper.handleRequest(GenericServletWrapper.java(In lined Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServlet Wrapper.handleRequest(JSPExtensionServletWrapper.j ava(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForwar d(RequestProcessor.java(Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doFo rward(TilesRequestProcessor.java(Inlined Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.proc essTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java(Comp iled Code)) at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.proc essForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java(Compil ed Code)) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process( RequestProcessor.java(Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(Act ionServlet.java(Inlined Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(Actio nServlet.java(Compiled Code)) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java(Compiled Code)) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.celebrity.filter.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilte r.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapp er.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.celebrity.filter.ClickAndEditFilter.doFilter(C lickAndEditFilter.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapp er.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.celebrity.filter.ChinaFilter.doFilter(ChinaFil ter.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapp er.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.celebrity.http.xss.XSSFilter.doFilter(XSSFilte r.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapp er.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._ doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.han dleRequest(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrappe r.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest (WebContainer.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.read y(WCChannelLink.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java(Compi led Code)) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java(Compi led Code)) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCa llback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.reque stComplete(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.attem ptIO(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.worke rRun(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worke r.run(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava(Compiled Code))

If I was managing the X web team (and Hadn't been fired yet :eek:) I would have a couple of staffers reading these posts and documenting user experiences. And ALSO make sure each and every complaint was acknowledged directly with the reporting user.

But I get it X is not in the web business or even in the customer service business..they seem to be only in the "book and collect" business only..no way to retain costomer loyalty., in my view..at least not this customer!

If I could get a full refund now..i would bail!

It seems quite obvious that there is a major disconnect on this issue at a very high level within Celebrity. Whether it is Mr Hanrahan, or the next level down, someone is not getting good information. Otherwise there is no way the exec in charge of the ongoing fiasco otherwise known as celebrity dot com could keep their job.

Folks at the top, if you are there...It really is that bad and continually gives you a terrible black eye.

I had great hopes that I would finally be able to manuever around the Celebrity website in a timely manner. I have two Celebrity cruises booked but it is extremely painful to try to look at anything on the website or try to book excursions. Love the Celebrity cruises-- hate the website. Maybe it is their way of keeping me from checking the prices on my booked cruises:rolleyes:. We did a Princess cruise last year and I have to say the website experience was FAR superior.

The content may have changed-- but it is too slow and painful for me to explore. Is there any hope for improvement in the speed of manueving around the website? (This is my work computer-- somewhat better on my home computer. But, I do not have these problems with other websites, so I can't blame it all on the network or servers)

Since several days I try to look up available specific staterooms, but the tool "Looking for a specific stateroom" is not working - even if you use an available cabin from their list!

Until a week ago you got an error message for non-available rooms, but ast least avaiable rooms did show. What is wrong with the website?

Since several days I try to look up available specific staterooms, but the tool "Looking for a specific stateroom" is not working - even if you use an available cabin from their list!

Until a week ago you got an error message for non-available rooms, but ast least avaiable rooms did show. What is wrong with the website?

Hi Peterm,

I just checked 5 different sailings, and had no problem searching for specific cabins. I input a variety of different cabin numbers, and it appeared to work properly. Nonetheless, I've seen this isssue in recent weeks, and will pass it along to Celebrity.

Hi Peterm,

I just checked 5 different sailings, and had no problem searching for specific cabins. I input a variety of different cabin numbers, and it appeared to work properly. Nonetheless, I've seen this isssue in recent weeks, and will pass it along to Celebrity.

Specific cabin search has been problematic on IE and Firefox...returning "page not found" error when cabin is not available..this has already been documented with screen prints to a Celebrity Corp. Rep who had contacted me by phone and email as a result of a letter I sent to X CEO....this new problem with Celebrity Conections Find a party/Register function as documented at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33617125&postcount=157

is more recent and may be a result of some recent changes made to the serlet since I noticed they have corrected the spelling error on the Connection page(or as Celebrity had previouslynreferred to it on their FAQ pages:Cruise Critic Connectioons)!

Kindly do pass this problem along to Celebrity as well

Thanks

avi

• 2 weeks later...

After nearly a TWO WEEK OUTAGE of a Celebrity web app most popular with Cruise Critic guests :eek:

comes this lame response

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33717687&postcount=32

:rolleyes:

So X sends out a mass email asking everyone to check out their new improved web site and dont even bother addressing this issue effecting some of their most vocal customers on Cruise Critic who frequently use the Connections Party App!.. :eek:

Your application has generated an error

Please fix the issue before it has been released to production.

ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/includes/global/DefaultPageScripts.jsp': Error - tag useAttribute : attribute 'jQueryVersion' not found in context. Check tag syntax

Request that failed:

/cruisecritic/home.do

JSP that failed:

/WEB-INF/jsp/layouts/global/BookingAmendStandardLayout.jsp

Status code:

Exception:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/includes/global/DefaultPageScripts.jsp': Error - tag useAttribute : attribute 'jQueryVersion' not found in context. Check tag syntax at org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag$InsertHan dler.doEndTag(InsertTag.java(Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag.doEndTag( InsertTag.java(Inlined Compiled Code)) at com.ibm._jsp._BookingAmendStandardLayout._jspx_met h_tiles_insert_13(_BookingAmendStandardLayout.java (Compiled Code)) at com.ibm._jsp._BookingAmendStandardLayout._jspServi ce(_BookingAmendStandardLayout.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJsp Base.java(Compiled Code)) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._ doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.han dleRequest(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.servlet.GenericServletW rapper.handleRequest(GenericServletWrapper.java(In lined Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServlet Wrapper.handleRequest(JSPExtensionServletWrapper.j ava(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForwar d(RequestProcessor.java(Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doFo rward(TilesRequestProcessor.java(Inlined Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.proc essTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java(Comp iled Code)) at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.proc essForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java(Compil ed Code)) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process( RequestProcessor.java(Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(Act ionServlet.java(Inlined Compiled Code)) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(Actio nServlet.java(Compiled Code)) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java(Compiled Code)) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.celebrity.filter.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilte r.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapp er.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.celebrity.filter.ClickAndEditFilter.doFilter(C lickAndEditFilter.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapp er.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.celebrity.filter.ChinaFilter.doFilter(ChinaFil ter.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapp er.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.celebrity.http.xss.XSSFilter.doFilter(XSSFilte r.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapp er.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.d oFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._ doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.han dleRequest(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrappe r.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest (WebContainer.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.read y(WCChannelLink.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java(Compi led Code)) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java(Compi led Code)) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCa llback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.reque stComplete(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.attem ptIO(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.worke rRun(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worke r.run(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava(Compiled Code))

When I look at the any of the new 2014 M-class offerings, the stateroom category comes up with the red X in the top right corner rather than the category. In the ocean view category, category 4 staterooms appear at the top of the page (without the 4 designation.) Next, there is a category entitled Accessible Oceanview Stateroom with no number or letter designation. Then it skips category 5 completely. I can bring up category 5 listings by typing in a Cat. 5 cabin numbers. (I get the "Oops" page if the stateroom is taken as well.) All of the OV staterooms have a picture with a balcony.

In addition, the "View Stateroom Details" is not working properly. I can do the 360 interactive view, but the location details of the stateroom are non-existent.

All of the functions I mentioned work for me on the 2013 and 2012 cruises. Some more work needs to be done of the 2014 sailings listed on the website.

When I look at the any of the new 2014 M-class offerings, the stateroom category comes up with the red X in the top right corner rather than the category. In the ocean view category, category 4 staterooms appear at the top of the page (without the 4 designation.) Next, there is a category entitled Accessible Oceanview Stateroom with no number or letter designation. Then it skips category 5 completely. I can bring up category 5 listings by typing in a Cat. 5 cabin numbers. (I get the "Oops" page if the stateroom is taken as well.) All of the OV staterooms have a picture with a balcony.

In addition, the "View Stateroom Details" is not working properly. I can do the 360 interactive view, but the location details of the stateroom are non-existent.

All of the functions I mentioned work for me on the 2013 and 2012 cruises. Some more work needs to be done of the 2014 sailings listed on the website.

I have had the same problems. No category listing on the site for 2014 sailings. :(

Ha - well whatever they did - guess what? IT DIDN'T WORK! Their website is down again - Message keeps saying 'information not available at this time, try again later' - same old story.

I must also say that Royal Caribbean's website is coming up with the same message so perhaps their issue is system wide.

Now, to be fair, they might be doing maintenance - but it would be nice if they'd let people know with a bold message on their site a day or two beforehand that they will be performing maintenance like all other internet sites do so those of us trying to access their sites don't think there's something wrong at our end with our equipment.

Ha - well whatever they did - guess what? IT DIDN'T WORK! Their website is down again - Message keeps saying 'information not available at this time, try again later' - same old story.

I must also say that Royal Caribbean's website is coming up with the same message so perhaps their issue is system wide.

Now, to be fair, they might be doing maintenance - but it would be nice if they'd let people know with a bold message on their site a day or two beforehand that they will be performing maintenance like all other internet sites do so those of us trying to access their sites don't think there's something wrong at our end with our equipment.

Hi Diva,

I checked both Celebrity & RCCL websites (as of 10:30 pm eastern) and they are both available. Regarding your comment about maintenance, if they are doing anything, it usually occurs on Saturday nights.

If you are still having issues, you might wish to try clearing your brower cache and rebooting your PC. I hope this helps.

Andy,

There have been posts on other threads here on Celebrity and on the Royal Carribean board regarding website service being down. According to their posts, some have called RCCL and/or Celebrity directly today, both of whom acknowledge they are having problems with their websites and that they will be down until tomorrow at 6:00 AM.

Personally, I don't believe that these issues just began today. I was on the RCCL website on Thursday morning and it was showing some cabins priced out at $400,000 each. Additionally, my travel agent experienced difficutly on Thursday with RCCL's travel agent site where she was unable to add or make changes to things which required her calling RCCL - and they even encounterd problems on Thursday and reported it to their IT department.

Please understand, I'm not bashing RCCL or Celebrity - I love them both. I'm Diamond Plus with RCCL and Elite with Celebrity. I do most of my booking research by frequent use of their websites. So it is very frustrating when their sites go down.

Again, if they plan on upgrading, installing enhancements or performing maintenance - it sure would be nice of they included a bold notice on their sites a few days prior to doing so. Cruise Critic does, banks do, and so do many retailer sites. Otherwise, when we (the public) attempt to use their sites, we automatically think - "gee, what's wrong with our computer or internet provider service now?"

When all is said and done, I'm sure everyone just hopes that their IT department can get everything fixed. If we didn't love our cruise lines, then we wouldn't care if we could access their sites or not.

Thanks for the tip but I do clear my cache, temporary internet files and even internet data files on a daily basis. I have not, however, attempted to gain access to Celebrity or RCCL's website since my posting but will do so shortly. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Thanks again.

Elaine

Andy -

Celebrity site still not working. When you attempt to price out a cabin or book a cabin - you get this message in red:

We're sorry, the information you requested is temporarily unavailable. If you are trying to make a reservation, please contact a Celebrity Certified Vacation Planner at 1-800- 647-2251.

It's apparent they are doing maintenance or something.

Elaine

Andy -

Celebrity site still not working. When you attempt to price out a cabin or book a cabin - you get this message in red:

We're sorry, the information you requested is temporarily unavailable. If you are trying to make a reservation, please contact a Celebrity Certified Vacation Planner at 1-800- 647-2251.

It's apparent they are doing maintenance or something.

Elaine

Hi Diva,

From your earlier post, I did not realize that you were trying to reach the booking engine. I thought you were having issues reaching the website. FWIW, this happens on Saturday nights. If you try again in the morning, it should be fine.

Again, if they plan on upgrading, installing enhancements or performing maintenance - it sure would be nice of they included a bold notice on their sites a few days prior to doing so. Cruise Critic does, banks do, and so do many retailer sites. Otherwise, when we (the public) attempt to use their sites, we automatically think - "gee, what's wrong with our computer or internet provider service now?"

Hi Diva,

I agree. When maintenance is occuring, Celebrity should put a notice on their Home page, advising the site is currently undergoing maintenance, and list what areas are currently affected.

At times like tonight... it's odd to go into the booking engine, input all of your information, and THEN tell us the booking engine is down for maintenance. Why not advise us before we plug in all of the information ? Why waste our time, if they know we are going down a dead end ? Hopefully, Celebrity will address this issue.

I'm sorry. Several posts, including Andy's, have mentioned clearing your cache and rebooting. You should NOT have to do that to be able to use a commercial website. There is just no excuse for these issues, and to put the responsibility on the user is wrong. I am tired of people making excuses for sloppy performance--just not acceptable with technologies available. Celebrity, take ownership of the issues with your proprietary website and fix the problem!!!

Archived